Sign in to follow this  
Guest qantas744

question about gauges (probably a dumb question)

Guest qantas744

Hello, I really love the PMDG 747 but I have one question. When the engines are off and my plane is sitting at the gate, it seems the power is off because I see no gauges lit or showing. I would think that when the engines are started everything would turn on, but nothing does. I can still fly the plane and use autopilot, overhead panel, but I cant see my speed, altitude, ect... is there just a switch I have to switch on or what? Any help appreciated.. I attatched a screenshot--> http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157120.jpg

Hi QANTAS744,Just so you know, there is a rule in the forum that you must sign your name to posts, just to keep a personal touch on things. In any event, welcome to the forums! :-)It sounds like you haven't followed the pre-start procedures in the manual (if this is incorrect my apologies). This add-on is considerably more detailed than anything you'll have flown in FS so far, so be prepared to do a bit of reading to get up to speed. Trust me when I say that it's a rewarding process.Just to get you started, I suggest you refer to section 5 (Normal Procedures) of the manual. Follow those procedures through and you should find it all comes together nicely. As an indication, the preflight in the 744 can take between 15-45 minutes depending on how realistically you approach things. Even in a rush I've never been ready to go in less than 15.If you have any questions after this, come back and post in this thread and we'll help you out.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest qantas744

Acutually, the gauge display is visible for about 1 minute, then it just goes black, and thats with the engines started...

OK. Well, if you've followed the procedures in the manual, started the engines, and there are no orange lights showing on the overhead, and the displays still fail, then you might be looking at a license validation issue. You'll need to contact PMDG support directly if that's the case.CheersEDIT: Further info available at this linkhttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_..._and_Validation

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg