Sign in to follow this  

which cloud is it from FSW clouds??? Large Picture.

Guest KenG

By my understanding, that effect is caused when MS tries to draw clouds with large vertical dimensions. It isn't necessarily any particular cloud bmp. However, I could be wrong. The bitmap itself is a regular cloud that is stretched to make it appear very tall. Chris has commented before that they way MS implements "tall" clouds causes all kinds of problems with performance.

GREAT POST - I agree, everytime this cloud pops up, we actually have to clear ALL weather because the slide show is sooooo bad. I think this cloud is associated with towering thunderheads.Mike

Hi, This is Msfs little problem as well as the grey clouds, When the clouds is too high in height, it will stretch the clouds like this picture... My latest clouds pack will reduce this effect of stretching but still Msfs problems and you will have the same problems with the default msfs clouds. All appears good in cfs3.. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

OK Thanks for the info guys.I guess I am stuck with the them clouds like that :-)Oh well like I said at least it doesn't happen all the timeAndy

When you say latest cloud pack are your referring to the ones with the upcoming Skyweather?BTW: If Skyweather makes it out by Xmas(hehehe), It seems to have my vote wrapped up for "Flight Simulator 2002 Addon of the Year!" if there was such a thing. Why MS hasn't tapped into the talent pool of FS "modders" is beyond me.

Sorry for the panoramic picture but so it's clear what it looks like, it's small in size though Byte-wiseIf any one could tell me which cloud is it, that is which BMP is that, so I could overwrite it with different one, when this cloud pops up (not very offten thank goodnes) my putter can't... I get slide show. So I was thinking to wverwrite it with diffrent one, just need to know which BMP would this be? It is one of the FSW packs of Real Edges Pack.Thanks for your help.ANDY