Sign in to follow this  
Guest hralphbuk

Airac 0609 cycle from www.navigraph.com .

Guest hralphbuk

This free test download from www.navigraph.com (Previous Airac's were from Navdata) is an auto install for the PMDG aircraft. Mine is the 737NG and after the auto install the FMC shows Airac 0608 so something is wrong. Also the FMC does not recognise Gatwick Airport UK EGKK.What is the solution pleaseMany thanksHoward

Guest Foizman

Hi Howard,sounds nice. Are these charts in use (not 'useable') for online-flying?regards,Volker

Guest NAVData

Horward,both are bugs which i fixed in the next cycle AIRAC 0610 - the cycle will be effective with September 28th = tomorrow ...Thanks,Richard

Guest hralphbuk

Hi Richard Thanks for the early response. I will download 0610 tomorrow, is it from Navdata or Navigraph web site? Was that also a bug with 0609 at navigraph failing to go into the PMDG FMC?Many thanks for your wonderful work for us flight simmersHoward

Guest hralphbuk

Hi VolgerYou need to download the Airac Cycle every time the cycle changes ( tomorrow will be cycle 0610 ). These automatically go into your PMDG FMC Data base provided you download the PMDG version of the cycle.Also do the same for the SID's (Sandard instrument departures) and STARS (Standard Arrivals) again for the correct aircraft(PMDG). The SIDS and STARS must be extracted to the folder thus:-Drive letter/Program files/Microsft games/Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/SIDSTARS.These can be used in the FMC planning.For charts for online flying go to http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/login.jsp. Click on "subscribe here" and register (its free no charge).Make sure you register for UK & European charts. You will then get an Email to confirm you are acceptable .Then you can download Airport layout,parking layout,SIDS

Hello HowardI hope to have all UK sidstars working with the new release within a week or so. I will work on EGKK next, EGLL should already be fixed for the 0609 demo, and hopefully the forecoming 0610. I will start uploading files to navdata from Sunday, I am away until then working.Simon Butler

Guest hralphbuk

Hi SimonThank you very much. Can you confirm where these are to be downloaded from please?RegardsHoward

FYI: I had some problems with the 737NG and this database. I have not had time to troubleshoot so it could be an issue specifically with my system. I restored an older cycle and problems were solved. I updated both the navigation and sid/stars DB.Issues after the beta cycle was loaded:- VOR's, airports and waypoints not displaying on MFD- FMS error when trying to load KORD as a destination which probably caused the following:- No arrival stars for KORD- No arrival RWYs for KORDI should have sometime over the weekend to troubleshoot further.

Hello HowardI will upload to navdata and my own site as a backup. I will post the url when its ready.Many problems have been caused my this showcase demo cycle which would better been named a beta and released a lot more than a week from an expected launch. Once I am home I will try to catch up with whatever 0610 brings and have my sidstars working for this cycle, expect a few days delay though while I try to catch up.Simon Butler

Guest tmetzinger

All the problems you described have been discovered and fixed. 0610 should be a big improvement when Navigraph releases it.

Guest hralphbuk

Thank you bothBest regardsHoward

will the 0610 cycle be free or do we have to pay just to restore things back to working order?

As far as i know only de demo 0609 cycle was for free, so i'm afraid we have to pay from 0610 cycle on.But i have also understood that whitin reasonable time (say 0701) also the procedure files (always updated) are included for the same price.I don't know what the price will be ...

I have always appreciated the navdata and have no problems paying for it now, but releasing a demo that breaks everything as an example of the product that now will cost money is not a good way to do business

HowardEGLL, EGKK and EGCC sidstars, I have now updated and working with Demo 0609 cycle, so hopefully will work with 0610 too. I hope to have the rest of the UK uploaded by the end of the day.Simon Butler