Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bjorn738

Engine rating B737

Guest Bjorn738

Hi everyone,Is there anybody who can tell me if it is possible to change the engine rating for a specific airline or plane and how to do it?For example, Transavia flies the 737-800 with either 26k or 27k engines. The PMDG bird has only 26k in the HV livery and for some destinations we need MORE POWER (argh argh argh!).Any help will be appreciated!Kind Regards,Bj

I believe all -800's have 26K engines only. It's possible they may have a takeoff BUMP thrust.Floyd

Guest Bjorn738

You're right Floyd. Didn't think about that but it's true. It might be nice if PMDG will make it possible in the new 73ngx series to select the desired thrust rating. PIC737 has this nice little menu where you can do this.Bj

You can in the FMC

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Bjorn738

Hi Ryan,I know you can de-rate your thrust by means of selecting TO-1 or TO-2. But that is not what I mean. My point is that some airlines, like Transavia have amongst their fleet of 737-800's several planes which are rated 26k and some rated 27k. If you take a look in the 737airlines (configuration settings) file in your PMDG folder under FS9, you will see the different configurations of all the airlines available. Transavia has, in this menu, "Engine=CFMI CFM56-7B26". Hapag-Lloyd on the other hand has "Engine=CFMI CFM56-7B27". I have tried to change this once but it didn't make any difference then. It still was 26k in the FMC. I will try again this afternoon. My question is if there is anybody who looked into this before and knows how to do the trick.Kind Regards,Bj

Guest Bjorn738

I have tried to change "Engine=CFMI CFM56-7B26" into "Engine=CFMI CFM56-7B27" but it didn't make any difference. In the ident page of the FMC it still says 26k. Another thing, in the aircraft.cfg of the 737-800 the following is mentioned:[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain=0.002inlet_area=22.619rated_N2_rpm=13200.000static_thrust=24200.000 // Adjusted N1 by EEC module [26300] (this line)afterburner_available=0reverser_available=1Does it mean the engine is rated 26k or even 24k?Maybe one member of the PMDG team can help me with this.Kind Regards,Bj

I doubt PMDG will help you with unsupported and untested edits. Your best bet is to download the BBJ 3rd party addon package from the library here and see what they did to adjust the parameters