Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARTY

Navdata for 737NG FMC

Guest MARTY

Hi, Have just purchased new Pc and experiencing problems downloading Navdata from Richard Stephan's website for my 737NG FMC database. PMDG's manual refers to installing 767PIC/PMDG (all in one installer), which I can't find. Has this now changed to something else? Thanks. Marty

Richard Stephan's work as been based on the Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File which is produced by the DOD, and up until this month has been available to the public. The DOD has decided to remove the DAFIF from public distribution. Therefore Richard has had to find a new data source. He as partnered with a group called NaviGraph and www.navigraph.com will be providing the AIRAC from now on for a small fee. Eventually procedures (SIDS, STARS, and IAPs) will be included in this service.Richard says the 0610 cycle of the AIRAC is ready but not available for puchase from NaviGraph yet do to web site issues.My recommendation for now is to go back to www.navdata.at and get cycle 0608 for the PMDG and the go to www.planepath.com and get cycle 0610 of the procedures by Terry Yingling.Then get the refined procedures by Dan Downs and Timothy Metzinger on AVSIM and overwrite the ones from planepath with these and you'll be as current as possible for now.

Dave Paige

My 0610 SIDSTARS were just uploaded to AVSIM and should be available for download soon.. this collection is up to 34 locations including my first non-SWA served airport KATL. As noted in the upload, KSEA will require 0610 airac data when it is available because they renumbered what used to be the West runway (16R/34L) to a center runway in anticipation of the new runway underconstruction out there. This file won't work until a new wpNavAPT.txt file is available or it is manually edited with the changes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest MARTY

Hi Dave, Thanks for info. Have now purchased FMS Data from Navigraph and all is well. Marty :D

Guest MARTY

Hi Dan, Thanks for info. Have now purchased FMS Data from Navigraph and all is well. Marty