Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS 0610 Collection

Available only in AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library: Collection of 34 SIDSTARS procedure files, including all FAA NACO additions (see the new KTPA RNP approaches and RNAV DPs/STARs at KFLL), changes (KSEA runway renumbering included) and deletions published for the 28Sep-26Oct06 cycle. The locations include: KABQ KATL KAUS KBNA KBWI KCMH KDAL KDEN KFLL KGEG KHOU KLAS KLAX KMCI KMCO KMDW KMSY KOAK KONT KPDX KPHL KPHX KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSEA KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS. (Note: KSEA will require 0610 AIRAC data - see enclosed readme). There is general information provided in the enclosed readme, specific procedural information for each location in the header of each procedure file and a list of all changes by procedure enclosed.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Thanks for your continuing support to the community. Much appreciated!Cheers,

Thank you, Dan.It appears with the latest navdata files from Richard, many old procedures from around the world do not work anymore. Would it be possible to do some of those airports, for example, ZSPD. I know there is less data for airports in other countries but it would be extremely helpful!Thanks again

Guest tmetzinger

If you're referring to the 0609 AIRAC data.... There were several bugs in it. Let's wait and see if the 0610 data works better.If you've got the 0610 data - where did you get it?

I hoped that the 0610 data would be available to test the procedures; however, I had to do the tests with 0608.As far as doing procedures for non-US airports; I'm willing to help anyone who wants to give it a try for themselves and asks for help, which can be done at the email address provided in the SIDSTARS procedures. The locations of fixes and navaids (preferrably latlon but bearing/distance from a latlon works too), procedure charts and instructions are all that is needed. Terry Yingling's tutorial from his planepath.com site is most helpful.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am using 0609. Richard responded to my post in his forum, and said that now most old procedures writen a certain way would not work with 0609 and above. So that means many world airports will not have any procedure data at all. I have the latest 0609, and am using the ZSPD procedure from the navdata all in one website, (manually downloaded the latest version, too) but it gives me an error message and shows nothing, not even runways.

What does the error message say?One common problem I have found with 0609 is missing navaids, especially localizers. Your problem sounds like a missing airport but it's hard to say without knowing the error message. Any error prevents the procedure file from being used.

Dan Downs KCRP