Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot Mike Charlie

PMDG 744 - LAND 3 issue

Hello All,I'm new to the forum so sorry if this issue has been raised before, I cound not find any information and thought I would post.Okay, on final with APP mode selected and below 1800AGL LAND 3 I noted that you can see the electrical page on the EICAS when selected. I noted that this is disabled on the real A/C. Is this an oversight by PMDG or is airline specific? I know that many operators change the systems on the real A/C according to their SOPs.FMC

If you are referring to the lower EICAS and the STATUS page, all you have to do is hit the the STAT eicas button again, and ipso-presto, the lower EICAS should be blank.

Lostmoon,Thank you for the reply. No I mean on the real aircraft when in the LAND 3 phase of flight the system logic prevents the lower EICAS from showing the ELE synoptic page. (i.e. if you press the ELE page when in Land 3 it just blanks (not pressing twice, you will note that this is not the case with the PDMG simulation displayed. Any ideas why? software oversight?FMC

Guest andyman

It should be working... See what happens when you select Land III at 1800 AGL, and look at ELEC synopsis at 500 AGL. I have had this work, but there could be a problem with the PMDG software. Make sure Land III is active and not armed.

Sorry, you're missing the point, on the actual (real) airplane this function is disabled during LAND3 operation. Why does it work on the simulation. Okay I'm reading the Boeing FCOM"EICAS ELEC SYNOPTIC SYSTEM:- The EICAS ELEC synoptic displays the current status of entire bus tie system. The SSB, each of the IDG's GEN CONT, BUS TIEs and ISLN switches are displayed in graphic format to quickly allow crew to asses the disposition of the electrical system. Electrical flow is dipicted by heavy green bars. During autoland (LAND3) (LAND2, the EICAS ELECS display will be inhibited by system logic once the flight control computers engage for autoland."You see what I mean. You shouldn't be able to see the Elec page during LAND3!

Ah! Sorry for the miscom. Yeah, if the FCOM says it as such, then perhaps it was something PMDG decided not to model on the sim.Never knew that. Learn something new everyday.:)

I tested it some time ago, and the page works as advertised in the AOM. You get a message on the lower EICAS saying that the page is inhibited.

Same here.. Tried it today and it was working fine. The inhibit message was shown below _1500'_ Radio Altitude whether I selected the Elec page before or after 1500'.Sorry, I don't understand why it isn't working for youCheers.Q>

The electrics are reconfigured for autoland. I'm guessing they preferred to inhibit it than come up for some new programming code for the synoptic to display properly.

>Hello All,>>I'm new to the forum so sorry if this issue has been raised>before, I cound not find any information and thought I would>post.>>Okay, on final with APP mode selected and below 1800AGL LAND 3>I noted that you can see the electrical page on the EICAS when>selected. I noted that this is disabled on the real A/C. Is >this an oversight by PMDG or is airline specific? I know that>many operators change the systems on the real A/C according to>their SOPs.>>FMC What version of the 744 from PMDG are you using?Best,Randy J. Smith

"I'm guessing they preferred to inhibit it than come up for some new programming code for the synoptic to display properly."Either that or the reconfiguring of busses on the synoptic may be distracting to the crew.Cheers.Q>