Sign in to follow this  
Guest HARthemightypirate

Another Tech question for the MD-11

Guest HARthemightypirate

Gentlemen,1. Will we have variable take-off flaps (dial-a-flap)?2. Which type of landing gear light will be built in. Since there are two types. Which one of these two will be added, or doe we get an option so we can choose which one we want?http://eu.airliners.net/photos/photos/9/7/5/1039579.jpghttp://eu.airliners.net/photos/photos/2/4/1/0913142.jpgThe first one is shown in the virtual cockpit previews, but a combination of these two is seen in the panel previews.3. Is the Convertible freighter also being modelled or do we have to switch between the pax and cargo version?Greetz,Ronald de Haan

Thanks for the screenshot Bill!!!what are the diff types of LG?(edit...never mind)HARthemightypirate, can you check your private message plz?Paul

Guest HARthemightypirate

OK, thanks BillIn my opinion dial a flap is one of the unique features of the MD-11.And about the third question. I didn't mean the combi version. I was specifically looking for the convertible freighter. But there only six of them as far is I know.And one question o forget to ask. Will the butten center gear norm/retract really work, so we could land with retracted center gear?Thanks in advance,Ronald de Haan

>And one question o forget to ask. Will the butten center gear>norm/retract really work, so we could land with retracted>center gear?Jup, you'll be able to do just that!Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest HARthemightypirate

Ok, this one is really getting better than the 747.Keep up the good work.Ronald de Haan

Ronald,If you mean having one of the virtual pax MD-11's be changeable to an all-cargo configuration on the fly, I'm not even sure that would even be possible in Flight Simulator. Aren't you stretching your requests a little here? I mean, think about it: you'd have to taxi your virtual airplane into a virtual hanger, and ask your virtual mechanics to remove all the seats, etc. Will you be observing this the entire time? What's the point? Just load up with a freighter and pretend you did the conversion to a pax model in your virtual imagination.Bill

Just load up with a freighter and pretend>you did the conversion to a pax model in your virtual>imagination.>>Bill Y not just use your REAL imagination?

Guest HARthemightypirate

Another way, just take the pax model and paint the cargo door on it.Then you have the same idea.But now I'm asking myself why didn't I figure this out earlier.But thanks anyway.Ronald de Haan