Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike999

PDMG 747 Queen of the skies

Guest mike999

On landing, im told to contact ground.When I contact ground, im given various options for take off..No option to taxi to the gates.Any ideas?

Guest SAS449

This happens when there are no available parkings available for your kind or size of aircraft. You have to wait for a gate or cargo parking to be free. When that happen, you will automatically get an option to request taxi to gates/parking.If you install an airport addon (if available) or an updated afcad file for MS default airports, it may be they have more parking spaces and gates programmed in the afcad file. MS default airports do not have to many designated.You should perhaps checkhttp://afcad.projectai.com/general/index.phpThey have afcad files for both FS2004 standard and various addon airports.

Guest mike999

Thank u Johan for the reply..May i ask what folder within fs9 should the afcad be applied?

Guest SAS449

The afcad2 program in which you open the airports for editing will also store the modified airport in the correct folder.You can find the afcad2 program here on AVSIM under afcad files. Look out for afcad221.zip.And BTW it would be nice if you signed your postings as required in the forum guidelines.

Guest mike999

Johan,Sorry im new to this forum. I applied the afcad for Dublin airport..The problem remains the same.If I use the fs747, i do not have the problem. It appears to apply only to PDMG 747-400.Thanking you.Mike

Guest SAS449

Strange, I have not had any problems with EIDW. Installed the freeware IFSD Irish Scenery and afcad file from PAI.http://www.ifsd.ieAll new afcads should go in theX:FS2004ACOFAddon ScenerysceneryYou don't have to remove anything that comes with FS2004 basic installation.