Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarskringspier

The Latest Java from Cafe PMDG...

Guest Steve_Park

Look's like a lump of coal for the PMDG folk's for Christmas this year. While I have eagerly jumped on all of the PMDG product's and have purchased MSFS on the day of release since version 3.0 (DOS), I am holding off on FSX until VISTA/DX10/HW issues settle down a little and with VISTA already announced for after the first of the year, look's like spring 2007 at the earliest for a lot of us to purchase your next major release. Sure hope I am wrong, but you gotta do what you gotta do.Steve Park

Guest SilverCircle

>Andreas,>Fs2004 will run for a long time, except perhaps for some that>always have to be the first to have the latest, i.e. true>Geeks. They will get FSX the day it hits the shelves. Do they>realize that it's optimized for Windows Vista? Perhaps, if not>they'll realize it when they install FSX.Thats wrong. FSX isn't optimized for Vista. It will run on Vista, but its 3d engine is DX9 (otherwise, it won't run on XP, obviously) and *might* be patched later to support a few DX10 features.Vista alone steals you 2-5% CPU performance when idle (compared to XP, tested with some CPU-only benchmarks, so unoptimized drivers have no impact on these tests, as they really only "count" the number of CPU cycles available to an application while nothing else is running), not to talk about much increased memory usage.I tried FS9 on Vista RC1 and it runs significantly slower. Yes, vista is not final, but at the stage it currently is, it is very unlikely that its performance will increase significantly. It is now all about fixing bugs, getting the included drivers in shape (still a lot of problems there) and making it ready for RTM.>And Windows Vista is yet to be seen on the shelves. When it is>released only the Almighty knows. And before Vista is patched>it will contain so many bugs, remember how it was with XP. Now>that XP works nearly flawless it will be around for at least 5>- 6 years on. There are other aspects to why people will>hesitate to switch from XP or even '98 to Vista, except for>the aforementioned Geeks.And it will take months until the video drivers (which need to be completely rewritten, because of the new driver model) will be as good and optimized as the current XP drivers are. The current beta drivers for ATI cards have a lot of issues and perform worse than the default ATI driver offered by MS and included in Vista (that driver is very basic and don't allow you to tweak most things).To say something on topic: I would understand, if there won't be a FS9 version of the MD11. Why? Because only PMDG knows how much work it still needs to be done and when it can be released. It's probably weeks, maybe months, and by then, most of the FS geeks (and hardcore fans) will already run FSX for most things.If, from a developers point of view, there are really that much differences between FS9 and FSX, then things can get messy. They would have to maintain 2 code bases, because the FS9 version might not be able to offer some features which can easily be done with the FSX SDK and such other things. Lots of work, lots of support issues, and maybe little outcome, because half a year from now, most people won't buy a FS9 add-on when they can get the same plane for FSX with more features.Such a decision wouldn't make me happy either, because I plan to keep FS9 for a while, but from the companys point of view, it is fully understandable.

I plan on waiting until Vista/DX10 is out and settled before going to FSX myself as well.

Eric 

Hi PMDG teamPlease, since several days I've my sight seen flight cross the Swiss alps ready from LSGG to LSZH via loop to LSZA, with Switzerland Professional scenery. But all this with the new sound! I'm still waiting at the Geneva airport for the new sound. I'm looking forward on the cockpit and I've some VIP-people on board waiting the takeoff.Thanks for the new sound, soon!!!!Best regardsMarcel

Guest bruchpilot

>FYI.. the FSX demo ran better in the same res and display>settings as FS2004 did on my PC.. in DX9Hi,I was doing experiments with that also. Could you please post which settings you used that can be compared to FS2004?ThanksEd

Guest jplieben

Dear Captain Randazzo,This won't be the first time I've used new products from PMDG to drive my computer hardware upgrade...I come from an industry where Macs dominate the computer hardware, and I purchased my first PC solely to get your 757 for FLY II, after happening upon an ad for FLY in an aviation magazine, and then finding PMDG through some research on the internet. I happily flew that and the 777 until you folks announced the development of the 737. I went out and bought FS2002 to be able to get the 737, but I've hung there because I am still running an older operating system on my PC. Until I upgrade again, I will be content to fly the bejeebers out of my BE 1900D and the 737-600/700.I can't wait to get the Queen as it ports to FSX, and until then, I'll keep on saving my dimes to get the hardware I will need to support an enjoyable experience in FSX and Windows Vista.I'm an ardent supporter of your products, and I'll spend my money with you folks regardless of when it releases, no matter what equipment you develop.I appreciate the extraordinary pains you have taken to develop your products, and thanks again for the many hours of fun I've pulled out of my aircraft, for what amounts to tiny fractions of a cent per hour in the long run.Sincerely,Jim Liebenstein

Robert,I have not posted on this forum before; however, I am a regular in other places...Your point above is very well taken. It is for that reason that I will wait until you have made your decisions about which direction you will head and once your products are ready, then I will make the appropriate upgrades.There are many factors that go into the decisions you have to make; not the least of which is the fact that you are a business and there needs to be a certain return on your investment. As I see it, this is an investment, an investment in a hobby I have spent thousands of dollars to support. We all must work together to advance the quality of what we purchase.To my bretheren, I appreciate what you say, but Robert is right. The work PMDG does keeps getting better and better and while we are all anxious to move ahead and pull the manufacturers with us, the reality is that it really is the other way around. So, let's be greatful for what we have, and be excited about what will come. We can be well assured that PMDG will get it right...they haven't disapppointed so far.Cheers,David Lamb/baw716523.png

Guest BAW1085

Great news about the updates especially the new sounds for the 747. I was however wondering what the current status of A3xx development programme is.I am quite frankly itching to get my hands on it ! As you can imagine.David MilesAirbus.

>Great news about the updates especially the new sounds for>the 747. I was however wondering what the current status of>A3xx development programme is.>>I am quite frankly itching to get my hands on it ! As you can>imagine.>>David Miles>Airbus.David,We're a ways off from that still - the MD-11, 744X and NGX are all coming before it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi all.I would like to see the MD11 running in my PC, but i understand the PMDG considerations. Im an Airbus lover and i have so much to thank PMDG for.... they will create an Airbus family for FS. So, any decisions about their work will be happily observed.Do to my PC limitations (P.IV 2700, 1024DDR, G-FORCE IV-TITANIUM) the B744 doesent fly very fluid, but 2 weeks ago, a very good friend ask me to remove the explorer process during my flights....an oh man.... i recommend to do this for those of you who are experiencing the same problem!!!I mean, we have a very good an unknown Aircraft to fly yet. If we have to wait until a better system to fly the MD11 or the NGX or the BIG A320, dont worry so much. TO SAVE IS THE SOLUTION. Meanwhile, QOS forever!!!As always...please excuse me. I know my english vocabulary is very poor.Best regards.Carlos G-R A. Spain. LESO

Guest rnj slinger

remove explorer proces? with fsautostart?Rick170994.pngPent 4 3.0 1024 ht/offasus p4c800hd 200gb 4 partitionsmaxtor 7200 rpmati 9800pro 256 cat 5.1221"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv ivae etc

Hi Rick.When you have your flight plan and your plane loaded start your FS9. with the FS running, return to your windows and try ctrl + Alt + delete and look for "explorer process", select it and click on "finish process" and close the task administrator.Return to your FS using the "ALT + TAB" and enjoy. I dont understand it very good, but there are some conflicts prompted by the explorer, causing low frame rates after 5 minutes in the virtual cockpit, more or less (specially if flying online. With this action i have improve my frame rates dramatically!!! After your flight, simply close your FS and try one more time for ctrl + Alt + Del and click on "Aplications" you will find there an option "New task", wel, click on it and there you have to write explore and press ok.... your explorer will be aliveBest regards!Carlos. Spain (LESO)

Good morning PMDG folksIs there a chance to push back the 747 out the hangar for a new sound experience, this weekend?Thanks!RegardsMarcel