Sign in to follow this  
Guest weilers484

PMDG 747-400 saving flights & panels

Guest weilers484

I am having a problem. I want to save an inflight situation where I am nearing the T/D point and the plane is flying with autothrottle on and PDF is showing green SPD, VNAV, LNAV PTH. All is well with the flight and I am ready to set up the FMC for approach and autoland. I hit ; to go to the MSFS "save flight" and perform the save and hit OK. It takes me back to the in-progress flight where I left off, but I lose the autothrottle (there is now no SPD showing on PFD, and no autothrottle. I've tried pausing the flight at the point that I want to save (autothrotte, etc. all working), go out to the MSFS save and come back in (all green SPD,VNAV & LNAV showing but paused). When I hit pause, the flight continues OK, but when I go out of FS2004 and come back in to bring up that saved flight, it comes on paused, of course, but unpausing brings up the flight with no autothrottle or SPD on PFD. I've even gone into the PMDG panel save right after I saved the flight(in the MSFS save), and saved the panel also. Then I try to bring up the saved flight and as soon as it comes up in the screen, I immediately go into the PMDG and load the panel that I had save with the flight. Nothing works. The darn autothrottle goes out and no SPD showing on PFD. But all the other things continue to function (VNAV, LNAV & autopilot). Can anybody help !! I would like to have a convenient point to come in on to practice setting up approaches, etc. without having to start all the way back from the takeoff every time. Ron

Guest t288msd

Ron, this is a common problem for me too. I've worked out that if you press the v/s button, the FLCH and then the VNAV button, the Autothrottle starts to work again.Not sure why, but this works for me every time.Matt

Guest t288msd

I should add, for this to work you may have to temporarily change your ALT slightly for the V/S to engage. eg change from 35000ft to 34900 ft. Once the A/T starts working you can change back to 35000ft.

Guest weilers484

Matt, don't know how you figured out that one, but I will try it and see what happens. Wonder if it's a "little" glitch in the code that Pinky and the Brain didn't count on. Anyway, I've also informed PMDG tekkies about this. Who knows?? Maybe a free downloadable "fix" will result from this and we'll all be famous!!:-beerchug