Sign in to follow this  
Guest PittsburghII

What does this mean?

Guest PittsburghII

Hi All, I was flying along when I noticed a METAR for KBIL that to me looked a bit odd:METAR KBIL 060056Z 06003KT 10SM FEW095 SCT120 18/12 A2992 RMK AO2 SLP121 VIRGA ALQDS ACSL DSNT ALQDS T01830117What does the parts after SLP121 mean? I have not been able to find any references online to those terms.Thanks, :-waveBoaz

VIRGA = rain that evaporates before hitting the groundALQDS = all quadrants of the skyACSL = altocumulus cloudsDSNT = observed off in the distanceALQDS = all quadrants of the skyT01830117 = temperature (18.3 degrees C) and dewpoint (11.7 degrees C)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

SLP121 = Sea Level Pressure 1012.1 hPaPS.I get VIRGA ALQDS = virga all quadrantsbut what does ACSL DSNT mean?and does ANYBODY know what T01830117 means? I've never met anyone who can decode that last string.paul

I think it refers to the actual temperatures 18.3C and 11.7C for dew point

Alaister Kay

ACSL=Alto Cumulas Standing LenticularTony

Tony Megowan
ATCS Santa Barbara Tower/TRACON
i7-4771 3.5 GHz, ASUS PX58D Premium, 12 GIG Kingston HyperXT1 DDR3 1800, ASUS GTX960, Corsair H60 Water Cooler, 2 LG 24" Monitors, Windows 10 Pro  64 bit on a Kingston 256 GIG SSD, FSX on a 512 GIG Kingston SSD,3 WD SATA 6 1 GIG Drives