Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Engraviry CDU and 744 in FSX

Hello,Just a quich question, as Robert shared the team plans for FSX. WHat is going to happen with Engravity CDU drivers. When the "new" 744 is released for FSX the drivers are going to be updated as well?Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris-there is definitely going to be an update for the Engravity drivers as well. Whether that will come at "no cost", "some cost", "entirely new product" or whatnot, I am not sure at the moment, but we will not abandon compatibility with Engravity products.(For everyone: Let's not turn this thread into a rhetoric about product costs, etc. - we'll let everyone know the policy as soon as we establish it. Then, you are free to stay quiet about it :-) :-)).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest svedman

Hi,Do you have an update regarding (Windows Vista compatible) Engravity CDU drivers for the 747-400X (FSX)?Best regards,

Hello-hardware drivers are undergoing beta testing. We never announce release dates, but we're getting very close.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest svedman

Great, just wanted to make sure you are working on it ;)Thanks!Best regards,

Guest RossRusso

I'm brand new here, and am a 747-400F captain and instructor. I'd very much like to use the Engravity CDU in conjunction with my 747-400X program which I'm running with Windows XP. Is the CDU compatible "out of the box," or will I have to do any downloading to get it to function? Additionally, I'd love to get an MCP as well. Any idea where I might find one?Many thanks for your help.

Dear Ross-welcome to our community.The Engravity CDU requires a software driver so it becomes compatible with the PMDG 747-400X. This driver is undergoing beta testing and should become available soon.As for an MCP, unfortunately the only 747 "realistic" MCP is no longer in production, as Aerosoft Australia does not make them any more. From time to time, you might spot one on EBay - they tend to go quickly and for a higher price than its original sticker price.There are several 737 MCPs in the market and we provide drivers for the GoFlight MCPPro and the PFC MCP (under special order).Best regards,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest RossRusso

Sounds good. I'll be on the lookout for the driver for the CDU, but will probably purchase one now, as it appears there's a bit of a wait (not to mention time for shipping). I'll also take a look at the 737 MCPs, but will probably try my luck on Ebay.Many thanks for your help!Ross

It has been quite a while in betatest now, any update please Lefteris?

Guest svedman

I've been waiting for this, too...