Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Best Buy FSX

I've heard that some Best Buy outlets are putting FSX on the racks early. Just a rumor, but I'm making a stop on the way home today.

Dan Downs KCRP

Affirm. for some weird reason my friend in MD mentioned that he saw a display with FSX boxes all set up.I am in NYC, and I haven't seen any up yet.

Guest gremel

Called Best Buy and they told me they have them but can't sell them until Tuesday, the 17th of this month.Regards,jack

Hint, try a specialty gaming store. I got mine yesterday at Electronic Boutique in CanadaRon

Ron Service

Guest tonytigerca

I picked my up at Best Buy this afternoon, in Edmonton AB.Canada

Wish the MS guys would just give all the stores the go ahead to sell them after so many have broken the release date... The Best Buys in Tucson here refused to sell it to me until the 17th. Don't quite understand what the logic in holding a product people want for 2 weeks is.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I was told by Best Buy that some stores indeedsold some units when they were not suppose to. Lucky few ;-)Best,Randy J. Smith

Dan, is this a PMDG support question?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest rds_mcleod

>Wish the MS guys would just give all the stores the go ahead>to sell them after so many have broken the release date... >The Best Buys in Tucson here refused to sell it to me until>the 17th. Don't quite understand what the logic in holding a>product people want for 2 weeks is.Couldn't agree more, Ryan. What the heck, if they're shipped - and in stock - sell 'em! But, my thanks to the Edmonton guys that posted they had sourced a copy! I had the last one put aside in one of the Best Buy stores here, and with 'big innocent eyes wide open' sauntered in to the store, somewhat concerned my wind blown hair might give me away, put my money down and walked out with a copy and a $10.00 bonus gift card. I've just cracked it open and I'll fill y'all in installation and how that exercise proceeds. I am assuming the PMDG 737 series will run. Yes? No?~`Ron CYEG

No, the 737 will not work and we are creating a whole new version called the NGX for FSX... The 1900C and D may work though as they don't contain any complex external programming the way the 737 and 747 do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

the point of a release date is that so every retailer should have an equal chance to sell them at the same time, and not so that everyone would run to the shop that gets it first in stock.

Guest rds_mcleod

>No, the 737 will not work and we are creating a whole new>version called the NGX for FSX... The 1900C and D may workRyan:Well, I guess that relegates FSX to back shelf until the FX version is released. The FSX version, at least at my initial checkout, shows little evident development in advanced programming for the FMC or improving ATC. Here's an interesting one, that could be a MS Wirless KB and Mouse problem. I'm incurring an issue simply trying to change heading without either fighting the heading selector for bank angle selection, or - what I'm really after - a change of heading! Another issue I'm experiencing is that although the code recognizes my USB CH Yoke and Pedals, getting a simple view function to change eye point up/down is a major undertaking. The program refuses to snap down/up in increments, as did FS9, when assigned to one of the yoke button selections. Mind you, there's LOTS of selecable views, but many of them far more than that which is required for the CH hardware.Those are a couple of the little things that take time and patience to work around, but the graphics are incredible. If you haven't seen it yet in the full version, you'll love the new DH Beaver float plane. Sound is great, and the handling superb. Meantime, most of my more serious simming will await the PMDG release of the 737/747 gear, but FSX is Simfun right now. ;D ~`Ron CYEG

Strangely, the release date in Canada was 5th October. FSX is now widely available here, in the usual places. Picked up my copy on Sunday.In the US, the official release date seems to be the 17th. I expect you will find the occasional store that is offering it for sale, but they are not supposed to I guess.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com