Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

FSX default 744 vs. the Queen: Wow!

Guest AJ

I picked up FSX Deluxe at my local Best Buy the other day. It looks gorgeous even on low-medium settings. The new terain mesh and textures are a huge improvement. The night textures are nice too. For now, however, FSX is just a pretty toy until the Queen is made compatible. Just for a lark, I fired up the default FSX 744. Ouch! What a dramatic difference. No FMC, crude autopilot, and a flight model that makes the plane feel like a Cessna 150 with JATO bottles. I don't think I ever even tried the FS9 default 744. Oh well, it was good for a laugh anyway, and really demonstrates how much PMDG has accomplished. Anyway, like many others here, I look forwad to the release of the FSX version of the Queen. I know it will be impressive, and tthe extra time they take in optimizing the code will no doubt make it run well too. Just felt like sharing,Andrew

Guest UPS523

LOL thats the reason i wont be buying it untill DX-10 and vista come out along with all the third party addon capability. no rush, FS9 looks just as good with UT,FSG and BEV

hi,I just checked bestbuy website and they have FSX avialable. I am confused because I thought the official release day is 17 oct...ben