Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

PMDG 747 Step Climb

Guest dogdog1985

My flight is VHHH ---> YSSYIt's CRZ ALT is FL330, and there is a step climb to FL370I have checked that it is ok and ready to takeoffAfter a few hours (at FL330), in the display, there is a green "S/C" So I guest it is step climb to FL370, and the position is just calculated by the FMC which is the best position for a step climb. So I set the MCP ALT to FL370 and after the Aircraft pass the "S/C" point, I press the ALT button and ready to have a step to FL370However, FMC show a message "Check MCP ALT TGT"I have already checked the MCP ALT , it is 37000, which should be ok. So I just wait for the aircraft can climb to FL370 after "S/C", but the aircraft just stay at FL330.Without any method, I press the MCP ALT button again, and the same message appears. Without any methods, I just set V/S to +1000 to 37000, which is manual climb to FL370So what's happen, and what should I do for an automated step climb221695.png

Keroro what you are doing is correct. At the step climb point S/C the optimum altitude should read FL350.....if 4000 ft (ICAO) was set as the step climb increment. When you reach it select 37000 on the MCP and press the same button. The pitch mode should change to VNAV SPD and the aircraft climb. Have you tried setting a different altitude? What shows on your PFD when you press the button and get the message?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest dogdog1985

>Keroro what you are doing is correct. At the step climb point>S/C the optimum altitude should read FL350.....if 4000 ft>(ICAO) was set as the step climb increment. When you reach it>select 37000 on the MCP and press the same button. The pitch>mode should change to VNAV SPD and the aircraft climb. Have>you tried setting a different altitude? What shows on your PFD>when you press the button and get the message?>Cheers>SteveNot only MCP ALT 37000, but also 36000, 36500 still show the same message, should I go back to the PREF page and update the CRZ ALT to FL370 (before is FL330)??

>>Keroro what you are doing is correct. At the step climb>point>>S/C the optimum altitude should read FL350.....if 4000 ft>>(ICAO) was set as the step climb increment. When you reach>it>>select 37000 on the MCP and press the same button. The pitch>>mode should change to VNAV SPD and the aircraft climb. Have>>you tried setting a different altitude? What shows on your>PFD>>when you press the button and get the message?>>Cheers>>Steve>>Not only MCP ALT 37000, but also 36000, 36500 still show the>same message, should I go back to the PREF page and update the>CRZ ALT to FL370 (before is FL330)?? Yes because if you don't do that VNAV cannot climb higher because it's already at the FMC cruise altitude REGARDLESS of what is on the MCP. And yes it will FLCH - V/S up to altitude because those modes are not dependant upon the FMC. Try next time pushing the actual KNOB on the MCP (the little white round knob next to alt) which should change the altitude for you automatically into the FMC alt..Best,Randy J. Smith