Sign in to follow this  
Guest kjolsnes

How to add a fix from RWY threshold?

Guest kjolsnes

Gents,Tried to search this forum as I think I have read it before but no luck. Does anybody know how I enter a wpt or a fix circle from a RWY threshold?I know how to enter a fix or wpt from a normal waypoint but the "RWY18 180/1" does not work of course....Thanks in advanceKjetil Norway

Kjetil,This isn't possible. (How does the FMC know which "RWY18" you're talking about?? There's probably thousands worldwide) If the runway has an ILS associated with it though, you can enter the ILS's identifier code (it'll look like "Ixxx" or something like that) and use that to make your custom waypoint.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest kjolsnes

Thanks"enter the ILS's identifier code (it'll look like "Ixxx" or something like that) and use that to make your custom waypoint" ..was the answer.RegardsKjetil

Guest kjolsnes

On the Arrival page I normally select a ILS Approach runway, but I see that when I select just the runway a new line comes up. It is called VFR APPR> and below it says __._nm. When I try to enter data inot this, i get a invalid entry or program error. What is this line ment to do? I did not find any reference to it in the manualSo still I have dont have good method of putting in a fix with the theshold as reference.ThanksKjetil O

Just add the runway length to the distance you need.

Guest benhoffman

Looks like the PS 1.3 747 sim to me :)

Guest tomahawk_pa38

That entry allows you to enter an extended centreline where you don't have an ILS. So if you want to be turned onto the runway heading 10 miles from the threshold, you enter 10.0 in that box - works for me. If you want to create a fix a certain distance from the ILS, just enter a Place/bearing/Distance fix in. eg I always find that the STARS for EGLL from BNN (runway 27) always turns you in far too short compared with real world flights I've done, so I create a fix 20 miles East of the threshold by entering IRR093/20 (ie that's the navaid identifier followed by the bearing, followed by the distance you want to be from the navaid)- that seems to work but I often get the bearing wrong by 180 degrees first time around - it has to be the bearing of your fix FROM the navaid.