Sign in to follow this  
jazer

Does PMDG Simulates THIS?

Guest SAS449

Qualified guess: When pilot unlocks the cockpit door a relay unlocks the lavatory door for s certain amount of time whereafter it automatically locks again hence if the pilot didn't open the cockpit door to go to the lavatory it reverts to ben inaccessible for passengers. Does this seem plausible?

>Qualified guess: When pilot unlocks the cockpit door a relay>unlocks the lavatory door for s certain amount of time>whereafter it automatically locks again hence if the pilot>didn't open the cockpit door to go to the lavatory it reverts>to ben inaccessible for passengers. Does this seem plausible?I guess so.thanksPaul

...or there could be a simple key-operated lock on the outside of the lav door?Next time I'm on British Airways, I'll ask the crew.. Even if these locking mechanisms are no longer fitted, someone should remember how they operated.Cheers.Q>

>...or there could be a simple key-operated lock on the>outside of the lav door?>>Next time I'm on British Airways, I'll ask the crew.. Even if>these locking mechanisms are no longer fitted, someone should>remember how they operated.>>Cheers.>Q>Thanks Q

Guest gremel

I did a most embarrassing thing on a Qantas flight to New Zealand from Klax 2 weeks ago. I could not see if the door said occupied or not occupied so I had trouble remembering if you pull out the door to make it open or push it in. Couldn't see and couldn't seem to open it so I pulled the door out and low and behold, there sat a gentlemen on the throne doing the big # 2 and he must have did a number 4 after I broke the door open. I apologized perfusely but he didn't seem to obliged to return the greeting. Can't say I blame him.....#### those confusing door entries. Wish all the airlines would standardize on the entry modes.....What do you think Qantas bird ... (Qavion) !!!Regards,j

Hi, Jack.I think the inward pushing Bi-fold doors are for space saving... but I've noticed more and more outward opening doors, especially on toilets designed for those with physical disabilities.Many passengers fail to slide the locking bolt all the way across, which means the OCCUPIED sign doesn't always appear... and of course, the door doesn't lock properly.Looks like the Lav Priority system is still fitted to British Airways (saw a panel, today, just like the one in the pic), but I didn't have time to experiment or ask the flight crew how they operate it. Strangely, on this particular aircraft, there was also a toilet IN the cockpit.Cheers.Q>

Guest SAS449

Could that be a retrofit?The thought being that the flight crew shouldn't have to ever open the door to cockpit - in the name of general paranoia after 9/11?