Sign in to follow this  
Guest cx797

737 FMC problems

Guest cx797

Hopefully someone has an answer to an issue I have been having with the 737 FMC. I have been trying to program waypoints into the FMC but no matter what waypoint I enter I get "not in database." I was able to enter the departing and arriving airport without difficulty. I am using AIRAC 0608 and have tried installing it twice, just to make sure. It happens using either VORs or fixes. Is this user error or an issue with 0608? I am not currently ready to get the payware AIRAC yet... prob in a few weeks.Thanks for any thoughts/ideas. Pitty, I wanted to finally get in there and learn how to really use the FMC.Thanks againRobert

Guest tmetzinger

To be safe, go into your FS9/FMCWP/Navdata directory and move all the files to another location for safekeeping, so the directory is empty.Then reinstall the 0608 data from the NavData download file.See if that fixes your problem.

Verify you are entering the waypoints on the right hand side of the routes page. The left side is the "via" and right side is the "to".I just mention this because it has tripped others.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest DELTA767

To add with the previous poster, you must have a origin/and destination aitrport entered into to the FMC before you can enter the VOR and fixes. Remember that fixes and VOR'S are entered on the right side and airways for example J48, J16 are entered on the left. I hope this helps.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I'm at work so can't exactly remember but I sometimes get this error message if I try to enter a waypoint either in the Active Route mode or the Legs mode - it will work in one but not the other. Suggest if you get the error in one mode you try the other.

Guest cx797

Thanks to everyone who responded. Yesterday I reinstalled the Navdata and then made sure I used the L buttons for J routes and R buttons for the fixes and everything worked great. I still have a lot to figure out with it, but I was sucessful with two flights thus far.Thanks again!Robert