Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

PMDG FMC Cost Index

Guest dogdog1985

What are the cost index in PREF INIT you normally useI usually use 130~150, it that enough

Which plane?NG I usually use somewhere in the 45-80 range and 744 I use 85-150. I'll ask my dispatcher friend what the exact real world values are later tonight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest pierre974

Enough is not the question...In fact, the cost index is determined by your flight parameters and by the standing operating procedure of your airline. As stated in the manual, the higher your CI is, the higher your climb, cruise, and descent speeds will be. The rest is just economical concerns.

Guest RollsRoyce

As this topic is finally being discussed, would some of the real world pilots divulge what indexes they use in their 744 operations?I know LH probably uses 70. What about Virgin/BA? etc.

Guest RollsRoyce

As this topic is finally being discussed, would some of the real world pilots divulge what indexes they use in their 744 operations?I know LH probably uses 70. What about Virgin/BA? etc.Bilal

Bilal,It does vary between different flights even at the same airline. Weight, winds, etc all have to be taken into consideration.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Southwest uses 33 in their 737-700s

Dan Downs KCRP

The standard BA figure a few years ago for the 744 was 90.I think Qantas uses 100 as a standard figure (although I have also heard 80).Regards

CI is what your flight dispatch gives to you along with your flight plan, which is based particually on COST since the idea is to save the most fuel for any given flight. It is true that some airlines use a particular number. The 744 seems to use higher CIs as Ryan stated - 100-150. This is a general figure range that works quite well. Best,Randy J. Smith

Guest tmetzinger

>Southwest uses 33 in their 737-700sAnd it USED to be 36, so the reduction probably reflects SWAs rising fuel costs. They were very well hedged but even so their costs are going up.

Guest RollsRoyce

I see, didn't know that CI varies, thanks Ryan!Thanks guys for all the info!Bilal

>Southwest uses 33 in their 737-700sI thought Southwest used 36 in all their -700s

Dave Paige

Guest jacob001

Apparently Air Malta uses about 25 in their B737's.