Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

744 Sound Update

Wow... That about sums up what I was thinking when I landed after a test flight from KLAX to KSFO using the new sound update. The thrust rev sounds are PERFECT and I've yet to see any sound package deliver that kind of rumble on my subs.The update is absolutely amazing and has given the 744 a new dimension of realism.Can't wait for the MD11!- Tim Schaff

Thanks a bunch Tim - you must have been sitting there refreshing the page lol, we haven't even made the announcment yet! ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Wow ! The new soundsets are supa sexy !Great job and thanx for the update PMDG !

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

>Thanks a bunch Tim - you must have been sitting there>refreshing the page lol, we haven't even made the announcment>yet! ;)Actually, I was just browsing through a set of websites, which I check several times a day with PMDG being one of them, and I noticed on the front page "PMDG 747-400/400F Sound Update Released" so I got it. :-)- Tim Schaff

Can't wait to try out the new sound update.. and FSX which should have arrived by tomorrow.. got lots of new toys and it's not even Xmas yet!Amazing.. PMDGs announcements are like buses... nothing for ages and ages.. then 3 come all at once!...lolCheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest Jeff Berman

Sweet :-rotor

its going to be a LONG HAUL weekend!! Thanks PMDG!

Guest andi_edds

>its going to be a LONG HAUL weekend!! Thanks PMDG!Yeah, i second that. Thanks PMDG! My first impression is: very niiiiice ;)Especially the "ding" sound when something comes up on the FMC display, it sound's great now (those fine details make it for some! ...).

Guest bobdell

Can someone help an old fool like me find the zip file for this fantastic sound I keep hearing about.If I go to the home page of PMDG it links the download to the latest updates... the only one I can find is the UP 1.01 (marked New) but this I have already installed...and if I try and install it again it notifies me I don't need it as it is already installed, Am I going nuts or does it take two weeks later for me to see it in Africa...and be able to download it.Please help me to retain my sanity!BobbyGrumpy Old Manhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"I'm 62 and still waiting for my wings to grow!"

Direct link below, Bob. Enjoy mate!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra..._Update_FS9.zipInitial feedback, brilliant, just flew the GE equipped freighter up from Naha to Narita, love the bass in the engines on spool up and ESPECIALLY the engine start and shutdown sounds, very nice!Will look forward to trying the RR and PW sound sets over the next few days.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest bobdell

>Direct link below, Bob. Enjoy mate!>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra..._Update_FS9.zip>>Initial feedback, brilliant, just flew the GE equipped>freighter up from Naha to Narita, love the bass in the engines>on spool up and ESPECIALLY the engine start and shutdown>sounds, very nice!>>Will look forward to trying the RR and PW sound sets over the>next few days.Thax,On my way to get with it....still thax again.Grumpy.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg"I'm 62 and still waiting for my wings to grow!"

Guest andi_edds

>Will look forward to trying the RR and PW sound sets over the>next few days.Uuuups, almost forgot about those two.Time to plan a Cargolux flight out of ELLX and a Korean Air Cargo out of EHAM ;)

Yes, a great 'thank you' to PMDG for the new Sound Update, which I just got installed an hour ago.However, and most likely it's me only, but as a person who worked many years as a ramp agent, and whose environment was crowded with 744s (in LFPG), I think the external sounds engines for GEs were more accurate before the update :-hmmm The perfect mix of bass and trebble was actually nothing but perfect(prior to the update), I now have the feeling there are too much trebble. I am talking about GE and PW external engines sounds only.All the others tweaks are just very nice, except this. Thought I'd share this here, in case there would be other people like me.The infamous question (which I understand might drive the developper mad) would be: is there a way to restore the previous ext sound and at the same time keep all the other updates?With regards,

Guest glide

I have to agree with this as i too work with 747-400's every day and find some of the external sounds innacurate. These were better in the origional form particulaly the start up external sounds. the rest of the updates are very good and an improvement particulaly the external jet wine spool up to high revsKav