Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

Problem since sound update

Hello everyone.Since the sound installation, everytime I want to load the 747-400 pax version (don't have the freighter) it tells me that the Main Gauge file is missing, yet I have it in my gauges folder. However it will not let me even load the airplane on the create a flight menu. Any indeas?CheersJavierEDIT: It also happens with the 737NG...

Hi Javier,The Sound Update does not affect any gauge files or previously installed files except for the sound files, so I don't think that this is the cause of your issue.I suggest that you reinstall the products in the following order:1) PMDG 737-600/7002) PMDG 737-800/9003) PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies4) PMDG 747-400F Queen of the Freighters5) PMDG 747-400 Universal Sound Update <-- This is last. Best regards,Armen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Have you installed FSX Javier?If so it screws up the FS9 install path and a lot of 3rd party gauges need that path to load correctly.When I tried to run FS9 after installing FSX I got an error saying it could not install a DLL for the SSTSIM Concorde.Visit Flight 1's web site for a free registry fix utility.HTHDave

Since installing the much anticipated sound update last night, I have experienced the following 3 issues which I would like to report.1. On two ILS approaches with autoland activated, the sim (with the 747-400 running) just crashed to black screen and eventually led to the default auto shut down with bug reporting option.2. On another flight, when hitting the F7 (for flaps 20) + g (for gear down) at the same time, all sounds muted, never to come back again, even after trying the q-key to recycle the sounds in FS again.3. After an automatic landing and dis-engaging the autopilot, I noticed the 'flaps up' click in the cockpit sounds (F5 and F6) were missing.I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 sound card and speakers and 700+ megs of ram.Does anyone else have equally strange issues after the new 747 sound update?Anthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

Hi Anthony,The new sounds do not affect any files of importance on your current installation, so I would be suprised if your issues are related to the Sound Update. One question, have you recently installed the FSX Demo Version?Best regards,Armen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Anthony-It is highly unlikely that any of what you are describing is related to the 400 sound update....The only files modified or changed are sound files. If a particular sound file is missing- it's a different type of failure altogether...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert and Armen,Thanks for the quick info and query.I am going to re-install FS2004 and install my 1900C, 737NG's & 747 Pax again, and maybe that will sort it out.On the question of possible prior installation of FSX, the answer is, Nope.I will revert back to you guys in order to let you know if the problems persist or not.Have a great day.Many thanksAnthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

I don't have FSX either. I was hoping to avoid re installation of all the addons again...Cheers for the help guys :D

Guest firehawk44

Hi Anthony,I have flown the 747 to include the cargo version several times since the sound update and have not suffered any of the problems you mentioned. Everything works great! When the sim "crashed to a black screen and eventually led to the default auto shut down with bug reporting option", did you check the Windows XP Event Viewer/Application and note any specific error msg which showed a specific module/program that caused the crash? (You can still do this and look at what the Event Viewer stated on the date/time of crash.) This will help you (and us) debug your specific problem. I suspect a video card or sound driver problem, especially if you recently updated either of these drivers. Creative just released an update to the Audigy cards and that's why I was thinking you might have recently updated your sound card. I have gone through the uninstall and reinstall of my PMDG aircraft in the past and it's not an exciting adventure IMHO especially if you have a lot of repaints. I hope you can fix your problem soon.Best regards,Jim

Dear team,I reloaded everything and all is now hunky doory and she purrs like a pussy cat.Sorry Jim, only saw your post after re-install.Thanks PMDG for the greatest prodict.Now on the topic of wing views ...... only kidding. :)Anthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

Anthony,Thanks for that. My system crashes completely and without warning or an error report 1 hour into a flight. As it happens I am also in range of the landing runway ILS when it happens. No Screens savers are set and all power management tools are set to "Never". Instant black screen and the laptop is totally off and has to be restarted from scratch. It's not PMDG's fault as it happens on the same route with the same settings with the Level D 767 as well but it only started after I installed the new sound package for the 747 although that will probably turn out to be just a coincidence.If I only want to fly the PMDG 747 should I install the 737 600-700-800-900 (which I also have) as well before reinstalling the Queen and is that likely to fix the problem?Jim - I checked the Event Viewer and it noted a USERENV warning and that "Memory used by registry was not freed". Any idea what that means? No drivers have been updated and FSX has not been installed (demo or otherwise).Gerry

Guest firehawk44

Gerry,"USERENV warning and that "Memory used by registry was not freed". Any idea what that means?"Download and install the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service.Download details: User Profile Hive Cleanup Servicehttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enUPHClean v1.5e readme.txthttp://download.microsoft.com/download/a/8...75ac/readme.txtTroubleshooting profile unload issueshttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;837115Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim