Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

Problem since sound update

Thanks Jim, I have just done that . I will let you know how I get on and thanks for the detailed and helpful advice.Gerry

ProblemHas anyone else seen this.I am still running fs9.1 and as such I installed the sound update yesterday . I had atc prior to the install , now I only have aircraft and environment sounds, BUT NO ATC.Has anyone else seen this?Is there a way to go backwards or reinstate the default fs9 sound file Not sure why the atc stopped but it happened after the pmdg update installDoes this make sense to anyonePeter

Hi Peter,This is a strange one as the Sound Update only affects files in the 747 sound folders and no other location.I vaguely remember someone had this problem a long time ago where occasionally and randomly the ATC would not sound, I think the solution was to go to the FS Menu Sound Sliders and re-adjust the ATC volume control.If that doesnt help have a search on AVSIM for "no atc", as I think this has happend to a few people in the past.Best regards,Armen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

It is strange, sound are all working but not atc "voice". FS atc is however working as I see the atc text box. Is there some way to restore the original sound file in the .cfg orDo you know of a utility to sort this out. ?I did a search in the forum for no atc and came up blank.Peter

No im not using editvoicepack,I will look at the threads, all i did was upgrade the pmdg 747 and now i have only partial sounds.no voice atc.Peter

Guest pilotbrian0

I have had similar problems in the past. I was able to trace my problems to harddrive read errors and soundcard overload. This raises a couple questions, as I actually had to buy a new sound card when I got my first add-on plane 2 years ago, as it just would quit playing sounds, and apparently ATC gets the lowest priority (probably being the newest coded sound system in FS, it is also the last to get initialized to the sound card).That in mind, Question: Do you have this problem with all your planes (default ones included) or just the 747? If it's just the 747 that suggests that someone has finally outdone themselves and your computer doesn't know how to handle all the sound streams.

>I have had similar problems in the past. I was able to trace>my problems to harddrive read errors and soundcard overload. >This raises a couple questions, as I actually had to buy a new>sound card when I got my first add-on plane 2 years ago, as it>just would quit playing sounds, and apparently ATC gets the>lowest priority (probably being the newest coded sound system>in FS, it is also the last to get initialized to the sound>card).>>That in mind, Question: Do you have this problem with all your>planes (default ones included) or just the 747? If it's just>the 747 that suggests that someone has finally outdone>themselves and your computer doesn't know how to handle all>the sound streams.Morning Report and updateWell per the response above, the problem is not the computer, That is how I got into this, I bought a new computer last week with tons of everything from Memory, sound features and video +++. It is brand new etc.I decided to load 9.1 in order to get things started , and to ensure I could get fs 9.1 running, clean with all of the add ons so that it was in shape prior to setting up FSX. I put it all together, and installed the PMDG 737,747 and 747F, ( my favorites) and things were fine. In the process however I lost atc sound on the base fs aircraft.Last night i tested the install and here are the findings:1 All pmdg aircraft sounds work including atc, 2 ATC voices did not work with fs base aircraft, when i started the evening, but at the end of the evening 90% were working.( No idea where the corruption is ,or was?)So all in all I have no idea why this occured. PMDG seems fine. FS aircraft are ??.. I do have a question and wondered where the atc engine is located, Are ATC sounds attached to each aircraft in the cfg file or do they stand alone in each fs aircraft sound file .Are they editable and is there any sort of repair.?Lastly all sound levels were correct and voices enabled in the fs menuAnyway, seems that im on the mend ,but not sure what caused the problem or what I did to start the fix.??Thank youPeter