Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

Yet another sound issue

I don'r recall ever reading anything about this so here goes : why is it that everytime I throw a switch the rest of the soundscape fades out and in again ? This occurs in the 737 and 747 both. I was hoping it would be gone with the new sound update and although the sounds are truly magnificent the issue remains. Is it my soundcard (Soundblaster XFI extreme music)?I hope someone can enlighten me.cheersMartin

Martin Bunjes
36.png

Guest cfm56

Hello martin, I too experience this with my extreme music card, BUT only when the card is in entertainment mode. As you know this mode is only intended for playing music and not for gaming, so give it a shot and switch over to the gaming mode. Otherwise than that you should consider reinstalling the card.cheersGideon

Thanks Gideon, however, the card is in gaming mode....

Martin Bunjes
36.png

Hi Martin,This sounds like something related to features specific to your sound card, or secondly, maybe a soundcard driver issue. Try disabling the soundcard special effects, things like reverbs, chorus effects and bass boost for example. Also check all the volume sliders to see if any unnecessary special effects have been left on.Armen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Yes !! Thank you, I reset the default settings on my soundcard and now it works flawlessly ! Thanks again !

Martin Bunjes
36.png