Sign in to follow this  
Guest Co Pilot

SID\STAR PROBLEM.

Guest Co Pilot

Hi, I Ioaded my PMDG 737-800 FMC with route info today, the problem started when i entered my departure airport which today was LLBG-Ben Gurion. the FMC wrote: BGN18 UNKNOWN.The same thing, just with different point happend to me again in the arrivel airport which today was LIMC-Milano.When I went to the DEPARR page in the FMC I was shocked to see the the airport had no SIDS OR STARS! Weird...I have AIRAC 0610 installed, as well as the latest SIDSTAR edition from NAVDATA. I don't know what to do, I asked everybody I know and they had no idea!THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!CAPT. Ben Cohen.

That error sounds like a procedure calling for a fix that is not defined earlier in the file. All sidstars from navdata are done by individuals (like myself), you might look in the file to see if they provide an email contact. Otherwise, you can try the sidstars by Terry Yingling at planepath.com. He has cycle 0610 up and they rarely have errors of this nature. His procedures are derived from DAFIF data, is very comprehensive but this may be his last contribution because DAFIF has gone secure (not public).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Co Pilot

Thank you my friend! That worked with LLBG-Ben Gurion but for some reason not with LIMC-Milano :-( :-( :-(Since that was my last solution I'll try to reinstall the aircraf, hopefully that'll help!! If the problem continues, I'll ask here again.Anyway I will keep updating this topic for other people who can face this problem too...Thank you again for your help!CAPT. Ben Cohen

Reinstallation is not necessary. Instead, look in your ../PMDG/SIDSTARS folder for file LIMC.txt. If there isn't one then your problem is finding one from AVSIM or NavData. If there is one open it, look in either the SIDS or STARS sections, if there are no procedures then your problem remains finding a file with those procedures (hint, also verify if they exist real world - some airports like KCRP don't have them). Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Co Pilot

I tried your advise, but without any results...Yes, there are STARS to this airport, I tried to download the procedures to the airport separately but again, without any results, still the same error. I did a double check and entered the .TXT file but the SID and STAR sections are there.If you have another advise, I will be more than happy if you write it... Thanks.CAPT. Ben Cohen

I don't have a procedure file for LIMC, please attach it and I will take a look at your copy to see if something jumps out at me. Also let me know if you are working with the 737 or 747.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Co Pilot

Using the PMDG boeing 737 latest update (1.1 if I remember right).The file I use is attached.Thanks ALOT!:-)

I loaded your limc.txt and received an error: GIKOM unknown; any error prevents the procedure from loading therefore no sids or stars. At least one of the star procedures includes a reference to NAVAID GIKOM. The location of GIKOM is not defined in the fixes section, but if it is defined in the AIRAC data file wpNavAID.txt it's okay... and I bet it has been okay up until Richard Stefan lost access to DAFIF data and switched from freeware to Navigraph.You have at least three option: 1) find the location of GIKOM and add the following line to the file anyplace in the FIXES section "GIKOM LATLON N XX XX.XX E XX XX.XX" and replace NAVAID GIKOM everywhere it appears in the file with "FIX GIKOM" 2)Email the author repaint@ellebi.org and see if he wants to update his 2004 file; or 3)Contact Stefan at Navigraph and ask him to include the navaid in the AIRAC data.I recommend 2) if the author is still in the hobby. If there is another missing navaid definition then you won't know it until you fix the first and try to load it again. Good Luck.

Dan Downs KCRP