Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

Thrust management withou using VNAV

Guest Totalbeginner

Hi Chaps,I'm having a problem with the queen, I'm not able to get the thrust limit to change while flying in modes other than VNAV.For example, if I select FLCH and hit THR, the limit automatically changes to CLB irrespective of the THR LIM chosen on the THR page of the FMC. I'm also having trouble choosing a different ACCEL height, changing the values on the FMC seems to make no difference. Any suggestions??Cheers, Martin Neep

>Hi Chaps,>>I'm having a problem with the queen, I'm not able to get the>thrust limit to change while flying in modes other than VNAV.>>For example, if I select FLCH and hit THR, the limit>automatically changes to CLB irrespective of the THR LIM>chosen on the THR page of the FMC. I'm also having trouble>choosing a different ACCEL height, changing the values on the>FMC seems to make no difference. >>Any suggestions??>>Cheers, >>Martin Neep Hello, If you did not hit THR you would have remained in the THR LIM you had selected. Simply chose the thrust limit once again from the FMC like this -http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/158808.jpgBest,Randy J. Smith

You need to type in the aceleration altitude you want and then press the LH key adjacent to acele ht on the FMC.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Totalbeginner

> If you did not hit THR you would have remained in the THR LIM>you had selected. Simply chose the thrust limit once again>from the FMC like this ->>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/158808.jpg>>Best,>Randy J. SmithMmmm it's still not working. In the above example, did you engage VNAV first? I just executed a takeoff, went from TOGA to FLCH-SPD chose CLB1 on the THR page, and it just says ARM.

Guest Totalbeginner

>You need to type in the aceleration altitude you want and>then press the LH key adjacent to acele ht on the FMC.>Cheers>SteveI'm not having any problems typing the ACCEL height into the FMC, it just makes no difference to the height at which the A/C accelerates, it's always at 800ft

Guest Totalbeginner

Oooops, I've been a bit of silly boy...I was trying to enter the Accel Height in the Engine-out accel height box. sorry...I'm still at a loss with the THR LIM issue, is there a height restriction on which CLB THR can be initiated in FLCH? Where am I going wrong?

From the manual:THR Switch: If current mode is FLCH,SPD, VNAV SPD, VNAV PTH, VNAV ALT orTO/GA, pressing the THR switch changesthe thrust limit to the CLB thrust setting.This setting will be displayed on the PrimaryEICAS. This does not affect the autothrottlemode, but changes the thrust limit allowed.If any other mode is currently selected,pressing THR will select the autothrottleTHR REF mode and the throttles advance tothe currently displayed thrust limit.Pressing switch will not illuminate light bar.Inhibited below 400 feet AGL.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"I'm not having any problems typing the ACCEL height into the FMC, it just makes no difference to the height at which the A/C accelerates, it's always at 800ft"Didn't you say you were NOT using VNAV? If VNAV is not engaged, I don't see how you would get acceleration at any height typed into the FMC.Cheers.Q>

Guest Totalbeginner

I've just realised what the issue is. It will not let me select a different THR LIM if the flaps are not up. It will happily reduce to CLB 2 in VNAV at THR reduction alt, but if you try to select a different THR LIM and the flaps are not up, it just keeps saying ARM. Why is this????

OK, this could be due to the fact that on the takeoff page of the FMC, you have flap 5 as your thust reduction trigger?Bear in mind that the use of the THR button is not required though. Configure your FMC properly and prearm VNAV. The thrust reduction will occur automatically.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg