Sign in to follow this  
Guest hkinser

PMDG FMC Destination Change

Guest hkinser

After programming the FMC in the PMDG 747 or 737 with a DESTINATION airport / runway selected (KDFW to KLCK for my example), and taking off, I wondered if it was possible to change the destination airport in route to simulate a need to land at an alternate airport (emergency, etc).I am unable to find a way to do this if it is possible. I tried to delete the destination airport to no avail, I also tried to delete the route, but still nothing that would allow me to select a new destination airport/runway. I know I could simply takeoff w/o a destination selected, but this defeats the purpose and takes the fun out of programming the FMC. The FMC seems pretty detailed so I would think you could do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks, everyone.

There are 2 ways to do this.1. Go to the RTE page. Type in the new destination in the scratch pad and then select it over the top of the current destination. EXECute.Go to the legs page and find the new destination at the end of the legs and bring it to the top as in a normal direct to a waypoint entry. If the new destination is not at the end then enter the destination there and then bring it to the top of page 1 of legs. This will clear out all the old waypoints. You may need to enter other waypoints on rte to it depending how far you are away. If you have a chart then look for adjacent airways that you can hook up to.2. Go to RTE 2. Enter the departure and destination fields as normal. Go to the next page and put the destination at the top or pick a waypoint ahead that you want to divert at or an airway you want to follow to your alternate destination. Check on the legs page. Select HDG HOLD or SEL.Select RTE 2Activate and EXECute.Go to legs and reselect the destination to the top and EXECute. (Normal direct to entry.)Reselect LNAV.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

To add to Steve's comments - one cannot DELete certain entries but must MODify them instead. You clear your route by selecting the depp ICAO on top of the old one. In other words - line select or type your dep airfield indentifer into the scratch pad and select it into LSK 1L and hit EXECute. Best,Randy J. Smith

Guest hkinser

Thank you! That solved the question I had and it worked perfectly using both ways. Can't believe I never caught that. Thanks, Harold