Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PMDG B738 FPS Problem

Guest franksalot

I'm aware that the Top Brass at PMDG have drawn a 'virtual' line under Fs9 :).However, I have had a problem with my PMDG B738NG for the past 3 weeks, which I am unable to resolve.I always start Fs9 with the Default flight, then prepare the aircraft for flight; when I'm satisfied we're ready to roll I logon to VATSIM for the proposed Online flight - all OK so far, frame rates around 30 fps locked at 40fps. Moving to EFIS Press the STA button...Wham!! fps drops to 4/5 fps - aircraft then unmoveable (well, it moves jerking all over the place), I turn off STA all is smooth again? If I leave STA off, then get on with my flight - smooth as velvet. Pressing EFIS Waypoint and/or Airport reduces the fps, but not as dramatically as STA. As I said before, all this occurred 3 weeks ago, I've tried all I know (don't amount to much I grant you, but heck I tried!).It occurs to me that I did try the FSX Demo? I notice Robert has mentioned FSX in another thread; the actual FSX, not the Demo though.Any help would be greatly appreciated.KenSomerset, England

Guest franksalot

Hi,"Now, here's a funny thing!" (Max Miller, remember him? - no, I thought not)I applied the Flight1 Fs9 install path fix (shot in the dark) and it seems to have cured my problem; I'll keep you posted. If it has worked I'll have Vulcan and Flight1 to thank.KenSomerset, England

Guest franksalot

Hi,Yep, problem solved - amazing that a fix, that 'appears' not to have any connection with frames rates, is indeed the one that sorts out the problem.Many thanks Vulcan, we go back a few years, you have helped me a few times.Thanks also to Flight1 for providing the fix that sorted my problem.KenSomerset, England