Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Start up sound question revisited

Hi all,I posted a few days back about the absence of that low hum or growl you get as the N1 spools up to idle and then again on shutdown, and what could be done to introduce it back into the mix.Since I posted that, I have tried all three sound sets and discovered that the low hum sound IS present as follows:-On start up AND shut down in the PW equipped aircraft-On Shut Down ONLY in the GE equipped aircraft (I think?)-Not at all in the RR equipped aircraftDoes this match up with what others have experienced? If so, my next question is: Is the difference between engine types as outlined above deliberate? (ie does the RR not actually have the low hum in real life?)I hate to 'grind my axe' but I do want to make sure I'm not asking for something that ISN'T realistic. Perhaps our real-world 744 crew could comment on the above.PS: The coolest thing about this sound upgrade has been that you can really tell what engine variant you have just by listening, they're that distinct, I now have favourite variants based on the sound!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg