Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

New Liveries Available for the 400/400F! (and sounds!)

Captains-I'm updating the "New Freebies" post I made last week in order to include two new liveries that I promised we'd deliver for you!I have just uploaded the following two liveries for the PMDG 747-400:-> KLM Asia-> Singapore Airlines "MegaTop"You can find these two liveries on the PMDG 747-400 livery download page. (And yes- as always with PMDG- we give you the liveries at no cost...)Previously we added the following free files for you and I'll mention them again in this post just to ensure that everyone has a chance to read about them!******* TEXT FROM PREVIOUS POST ON FREE UPDATES FOR PMDG USERS!****** We have eight new freebies for you in the download library:First, the new PMDG 747-400/400F Universal Sound Update that you have all been waiting for! This file was released yesterday, but I've been busy updating the base installes to include the new sound package so I haven't had a chance to make a formal announcement. This work was put together by the newest member of the PMDG team, Armen Cholakian, and we think really adds a new level of quality to your Queen of the Skies experience!Armen is already hard at work on the sound conversion for the 400/400F for FSX- as the sound process in FSX is entirely different as he mentioned in a post below...This sound update is free to all PMDG customers!I have also just finished uploading seven new liveries for both the PMDG 747-400 and 400F airplanes and thought you might like to know about them:New 400F Liveries:==================VC25A Livery: Pete did this one at my request. Just hide your winglets using the PMDG Options menu and you have a reasonable replica of this famous airplane, even if she isn't a 400.DHL Worldwide Express: Nice looking Roller Powered 400F in yellow!Cathay Cargo (Naked!): This is a nice rendition pete has done of the unpainted and rather bare looking Cathay Cargo 400F.New 400 Liveries:=================Cathay Cargo PCF (silver) Rolls Powered: This is the long promised Passenger-to-Cargo Conversion done by Cathay, stripped of paint and bare looking.Cathay Cargo PCF (white) Rolls Powered: This is the first PCF put into operation by Cathay.Cathay Cargo PCF (silver) Pratt Powered: Same as the top one- but with Pratt power!Japan Airlines (Old Colors): Dirty looking JAL airplane in the old colors.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks gents for all the hard work, you never fail to inpress, great work guys. "fly PMDG jets",....oh yeah baby!

Yes, I have the same problem with the texture on the landing gear, and the Asia livery also can't link upRon

Ron Service

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the kludge up. For folks who've downloaded the Singapore MegaTop a quick fix would be to go to the PMDG 747-400 folder in your aircraft folder and find the SQ4 folder. This is the folder that holds the MegaTop files. There will be 7 files located there. Move these files out of that folder. Now go to the folder named texture. Copy all of the files located there then open the empty SQ4 folder then paste all of the recently copied files there. Now MOVE all 7 of the files you moved out of the SQ4 folder back into the SQ4 folder and answer 'Yes To All' when prompted with the 'Do you want to overwrite...' dialog.You will now have a correctly rendered MegaTop.We'll have the corrected download for the Singapore and the KLM soon.

Guest btclarke

Hi Rob & MacPainter and the crew,You don't take a break do you???Thanks for the liveries - it'll keep me busy playing for a while!!RegardsBryan

GentsThere are, as far as I know these models of the 747.The 747SP a shortened early model long range passenger aircraft.The 747-100 and 200, the original passenger aircraftThe two one-off Air Force One aircraftThe 747F the original dedicated freighter with nose cargo door The 747-300, the Big Top. a lengthened passenger version with larger upper deck. The 747-400 the re-designed two pilot, new generation passenger aircraftThe 747-400F the freighter version of the above new-gen aircraft with small upper deck and nose cargo doorThe 747-400 BCF or Boeing Converted Freighter, a passenger version converted to freighter with enlarged side cargo door but no nose door. Has the passenger version's large upper deck. The 747-400 ERF the Extended Range Freighter, similar to the 400F but with more fuel capacity higher, gross takeoff weight and some other technical enhancements. The 747-800F also called the -8F, the latest generation of freighter with a new wing and larger new technology engines and other technical enhancements. The 747-800i or the Intercontinental, a longer range and larger passenger version. Further stretched from the 400 with longer range and other technical enhancement. Boeing's competitor to the A-380. There is no PCF. Can someone please create a DHL livery 747-400 BCF (Rolls engines) for me? I have attached the proposed Air Hong Kong/DHL livery. Mark

Mark, I know your new here but seriously, why are you dragging up a 5 year old post?

Rob Prest