Sign in to follow this  
Guest archer72

Need help on PMDG 737NG 600/700 FMC Please!

Guest archer72

Anyone know the typical route from KSFO to KLAX using the 0610 navdata cycle? I honestly don't know what to make of these SID/STARS. All I know is they're your standard departure and arrival procedures. But when I'm looking at programming the FMC, I'm presented with so many SID/STARS choices as well as transitions that I just look at them and wonder. Do I really need to purchase programs such as FSNavigator and FSBuild to know the exact route to program with? I've searched the internet high and low and came up with zero info on this matter.Also, since I'm using the MSFS2004 ATC, is there a way to program the FMC on the fly? FS2004 ATC doesn't exactly give you the exact runway number until you're close to your destination.I'm also using FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NG which is making things more difficult due to the fact that I'm staying within the confines and limitations of FS2004 (not using VATSIM etc.). Hey, I'm a shy guy, hehe.Anyway, if anyone can show me the way, please do. Thanks in advance!

I believe the typical RTE would be from rwys 28R/L PORTE3 SID-AVE trans (AVE will connect you to the STARS for KLAX). If you are just "flying" without concern for ATC then you can continue by selecting ARR page.. KLAX ILS24R.SADDE6-AVE trans (this will connect your rte without a DIScon)DENAY TRANS. The turn is sharp here at DENAY but is not a problem other than the way it appears on the ND. If there is a discon at DENAY simply connect it... Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

Guest archer72

Thank you very much gentlemen. Definitely clears a few cobwebs.