Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

Weather, Routes in FSX

Hi People !I am flying now over 10 years and really enjoy the MS-FS products so far. There are 2 major issues that really dissapoint me extremly and i thought that FSX would have solved it.1) If you make a flight plan from Europe to US - the computer will generate a root that is ridiculuous. e.g. LOWW to KJFK - the flight planer sends your through the the southern part of the atlantic ocean close to the caribean islands and then north back up.or EDDF to KLAX you will fly through greenland to Alaska and then back south to Californa. But this porblem is not of so much importance as you can get your own flight plan build from some add ons. Still i think its ignorant from the MS poeple to not fix this problem.2) the second issue is much more important and this is the weather issue. If you go into the option - real-weather with 15 minutes update.If you have bad weather somewhere with clouds or snow at the airport - then you take off and short after take off - the weather changes immediately from overcast to scatterd clouds which is so so so unrealistic. Same as you are on an approach where you see the runway and from one sec. to the next its overcast and no visibility. I mean these changes need to be done progressively like in real world. Please tell me your opinion to these 2 issues.thanks Marek from LOWW

Posting this in the FS forum may give some different responses... but since you asked here's about 1 cent worth. :-)Development teams are always constrained on the number of enhancements which can be addressed during the revision process (see RR's post at the top of the forum). It's just not possible to address every request, so some folks will always be disappointed. IMHO there are some great add-on

You mean active sky is improving the weather option so this quick change in weather patterns dissapear? I dont want to spend more money on a product that is not worth it.marek

For my money, ActiveSky is worth it. It's still not real, but it does a much better job within the limitations of MSFS than default weather features. I always use it on "missions."

Dan Downs KCRP

Both AS6 and the purchased version of FSUIPC have many options to address the smoothing of sudden weather changes.First you need to understand why you