Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

Automatic turn to left after landing(B744)

Guest dogdog1985

When I landed and stopat the runway, I idle the thrust, retract all brakes, flaps and spoilers, A/T, A/P. I am ready to taxi to gate. But the airplane started to steer left automatically, it just like a force push the airplane to left. I have to turn right so as to remain straight. So, what's happen to my airplane??

Did you hit the "E" key during flight? Is your throttle control still controlling all 4 engines or only on the right side? :-)

Guest dogdog1985

No NoAll of the quantities of 4 engines are similar

Hmm.. maybe something to do with your rudder control. When looking externaling is your front wheel pointing straight? What does the systems page of the EICAS show?

Guest dogdog1985

All of the rudder, ...... are 0%, balanced. I hvn't seen the front wheel, may be next time.

It's not the flight director, it's the autopilot. It's trying to follow the localizer in ROLLOUT mode and due to an FS limitation it starts pulling like that about halfway down the runway. You need to pull the AP disconnect bar, just turning off the FD won't do it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"It's not the flight director, it's the autopilot. It's trying to follow the localizer in ROLLOUT mode and due to an FS limitation it starts pulling like that about halfway down the runway. You need to pull the AP disconnect bar, just turning off the FD won't do it."Rollout controls nosewheel steering... You can override A/P control with the tiller and the rudder pedals, but the aircraft will still want to steer to the LOC antenna at the end of the runway when you stop manual input. If you push the pedals far enough, though, I assume you will get a "camout"... and the A/P will let go, but it's preferable to use the A/P disconnect switches.Cheers.Q>

>It's not the flight director, it's the autopilot. It's>trying to follow the localizer in ROLLOUT mode and due to an>FS limitation it starts pulling like that about halfway down>the runway. You need to pull the AP disconnect bar, just>turning off the FD won't do it.Opening post indicates this is already done.

Guest dogdog1985

I have already turned the A/P off but not Flight DirectorIt just sucked to left or right sometimesVery hard to stay in straight

Guest SAS449

My experience has been that as long as the autobrake switch is not set to off, the plane is almost uncontrollabe when trying to steer manually. It doesn't matter if it has automatically returned to "disarm", the only thing that has helped me is to manually swift it to "off", after that the a/c has done what I want it to.

May have been co-incidence, but I had a similar problem and I deleted one of the FSUIPC files (ini file?) and the problem disappeared.Maybe someone can confirm that this is the right file.Cheers.Q>