Sign in to follow this  
GTI1741

My FSX FPS guide - now availiable on Ops!

Thanks a bunch Ryan, greatly appreciated! Thanks for sharing.Ken

Guest cfm56

Hey Ryan, Is it possible for you to post your system specifications - just curious...Gideon B

Gideon, you didn't look at the guide did you? ;) He put his system specs in there. :)

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4200+Mobo: Asus A8N-SLI DeluxeRAM: 2GB OCZ Platinum PC3200Video: XFX GeForce 7800GTX OCSound: SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum ProHD: Dual 250GB SATA2 300Monitors: Twin 19" Samsung 900IFT CRTs

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest bigun

Ryan,Thanks for the guide!I've done pretty much every tweak written for FSX for the last couple of weeks, including resized textures etc. Helped a lot.I just tried your tweaks alone without any resized testures and all the rest (did I say that I always have a complete backup of the original FS install so it's simply a matter of copying over).Well, I don't know why, but I stay pegged at 20 FPS now and it is beautiful!Thanks,

HiThank you for this very complete article, very helpful... i'll try everything when i get my new computer... until then, my FSX will stay ugly on my old system but it allows me to test some compatibility issues :)By the way, you can already use the traffic generated by Ultimate Traffic... if somebody is interested :- create a folder called (for example) AIAircraft in the main FSX folder (or in any subfolder in fact)- copy/past all your AI aircaft (from Flight1, Aardvark, FSP, EvolveAI, ...) from FS9 to the new folder- open FSX.cfg, ine the [main] section, add the following lineSimObjectPaths.6=AIAircraft(of course, replace "6" by the next unused number in your cfg file ; replace "AIArcaft" by the name of the new folder, if your new folder is a subfolder, then you have to include the parent folders, for example "SimobjectsAIArcraft")- copy/paste traffic.bgl from FS9/scenery/world/scenery to FSX/scenery/worl/scenery- find USEnglishBig.gvp in your FS9 folders and paste it to FSX/Sound/ATC- start FSX and enjoy your trafficif you have error messages when loading FSX, it's because you have 2 aircraft with the same title... you can fix it by editing your aircraft.cfg files.

Hi Ryan,i tried your tweaks and it helped me a lot on my more mediocre machine, many thanks to you!BestHolger

Neil,There's a huge number of tweaks for FS9 - I'm not gonna write a guide for it though, it performs perfectly for me at this point with a ton of addons and minimal tweaks. (the ones I do to the CFG are actually to increase visual quality and would actually lower FPS on a low end machine) The FSX guide was just to help people who are experiencing bad performance with it on high end systems like mine, I doubt anyone's having this issue with FS9...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,Thanks. It's just that I get avery slow frame rates with the B737NG's, and wonder if there is a way to improve this. It is especially true on the ground (default scenery)in the 2D cockpit, the virtual cockpit is hopeless.System:AMDAthlon XP 25001.83 Ghz1 GB RAMGeForce 6600 Video CardNeilYPAD

Check it out here:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_FPS_GuideIf you have any *suggestions* for the guide, post them in the talk page for the article. If you have *questions* about the guide, post them here in this thread. (there's supposed to be a difference between the Ops Talk pages and this forum - that's what it is!)I hope this helps some people out with performance in FSX. As I said in the guide, you'll have to do further tweaking yourself if your system isn't as powerful as mine is, but this stuff should be a good starting point.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest LAzerxxx

Hi Ryan,Just wondering if my system would run FSX ok?My system is actually still AGP

Hayden,That's almost identical to mine except your video card is one generation back... I'm sure it'll work fine. Don't be afraid to turn some other things down a few notches if it's too slow on my settings.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest Gunnyret

Nice job, used it works great. One question does anyone know how to get rid of the overhead toolbar??Richard