Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flanders

PMDG 737 Speed/Throttle problem

Guest Flanders

Hi There,When I slect the PMDG 737 (any type) to load a flight, the game starts up with throttles speeding up to 100% automatically.Even when I disconnect all automated stuff (A/P F/D A/T) the throttles spool up all the time. I cant controll speed as the engines seem to be auto-throttled all the time.I tried this to solve the problem:- I load the 737, but the throttles go to 100% (nog a good situation)- I disconnetc all automated stuff. Lights/Switches are disengaged but... no effect at all... keeps autothrottling- I change plane to a learjet. Speed seems to be enabled! (weird because I disengaged it in the PMDG 737) I disengage it.- Switch to PMDG and it works fine now.Is there a shorter way to make it work? I'm a rookie, can fly the default 737 but have no experience on the PMDG 737.Help is welcome.I use FLSM 2004 and think I have the latest updates on PMDG 737 (relaese 29JUL04) Greetz!Flanders

Flanders,Start with a cessna cold and dark but with the avionics switch ON. Change to the NG. See if this helps. By the looks of it it seems you have some strange default startup scenario loaded.Hope it helps,

I'm still curious why several folks say to be sure to leave the avionics switch ON. I load the Cessna and turn everything off, including the avionics switch, then load the PMDG 737 and everythings still starts up fine. Just curious.

Dave Paige

Guest Flanders

Yup, I changed the default settings, and followed your advice.Helped me a lot! Thanks!Flanders.

Dave,It might be an old habit from the first versions of the NG. I know devs could programatically turn the avionics switch to ON via FSUIPC and that has probably been implemented in later versions.Hope it helps,