Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

PMDG 737-800/900

As previously threatened, I have just purchased the beautiful 737-800/900. I do not own the 600/700 but I'm just reading a tutorial for them which say's, "Open the Load Manager' and shows a depiction of same. I previously had the Queen installed but as recommended on the main PMDG Site, I uninstalled it and then installed the 737-800/900. Then, without further thought, I reinstalled the Queen. As far as I can see (I'm still in the steep learning curve area) everything is hunky dory. BUT, I don't have a 'Load Manager' for my 737. I have explored the CD (bought the retail version), I have searched the main PMDG Site but can't find anything about it. Do I have a corrupt install or does the 737-800/900, not have this feature?Jon S.

Actually, I have just found reference to this in one of the manuals. Apparently, the fuel and pax/cargo is loaded from the default MSFS menu. This surprises me, seeing that the 600/700 version and both of the 747's require a Load Manager.Jon S.

Jon,For the NGs you can use the default Load and Fuel dialogs in FS.Hope it helps,

Thanks for that. I have no objection to using the default MSFS fuel/cargo loader (especially if it works without any dramas). I'm still puzzled as to why such a great feature was omitted from the CD version. It's a nice touch in the 747's and the 600/700, for that matter.Jon S.

I bought the 737-800/900 on CD as a stand-alone product , and I have the load manager !I cannot remember if it was there from instalation , or whether I downloaded it from the PMDG website.I would investigate further if i were you.Peter

Peter Schluter

Peter,You posted just as I was asking PMDG for some assurances. It may well be that I merely have a corrupt install. I do not think so but it puzzles me why something like the, much recommended, Load Manager does not seem to be necessary for this particular product, whereas, almost everything else does require one to avoid some strange behaviours of the aircraft. Mebbe PMDG resolved all of the conflicts with this version. It'd be reassuring to know, for sure.Jon S.

JonI cannot be sure, but I have a feeling that after i installed the a/c (it was some time ago), I looked in the pmdg folder in FS9 , and launched the load manager from there. I then must have created a shortcut to it.have a scurry around in the PMDG folder for it. I did look on the PMDG website, but I am sure i didnt download it as a seperate item.good luckPeter

Peter Schluter

Peter,As is usual, it was something I was doing, not a fault of the program. I found the Load Manager right where you said it was and all is now well. I'd also like to say that this is a wonderful aircraft. PMDG have got this one 'spot on'. There may be a few things which are not modelled but I can live with that. I especially love my 747-400 for the 'long haul' routes but the 737 has as great 'feel'. I like it very much. I'll most probably use it for most of my flights but I observe that with the 747-400 and the 400F, saving flights, airborne, is an excellent feature. One observation I did make (again, not a problem with PMDG but a shortcoming on my part) was that, although the documentation which was provided with the CD is thorough, a person of my age (58), with a prononced disability in the eyesight department, has extreme difficulty reading it. Especially if it is late at night. This was the major contributor to my missing the paragraph which revealed the location of the Load Manager. I found the Tutorial flight impossible to read from the documentation, until this morning when the ambient light was better and after a nights sleep. A downloadable .pdf file would have been a boon, for that particular section of the documentation. Of course, I have all the other Manuals in .pdf format which I have printed in large font. Now for FSNavigator, Active Camera and that Weather Generator (name which escapes me at this time). Then the 1900D and the 400F. Thank you for your reply.Jon S.