Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

737-800/900. Is this a case of 'Caveat Emptor'?

I've had some time to ruminate about my purchase of the 737-800/900 and I'm beginning to think I should have purchased the 600/700 instead. The reason I've come to this conclusion is that much ado has been made by PMDG regarding the possible 'issues' involved with using the MSFS fuel/payload menu. Even the printed manuals that are included with my CD version, depict the PMDG Load Manager as a preliminary to actual flight (Quickstart Tutorial). I do not see any sinister intent on the part of PDMG because of this omission but it would have been reasonable, I feel, to at least mention it somewhere on the main PMDG Site. Had I been aware of this shortcoming, I would have purchased the 600/700. I still, have not ascertained whether or not my installation just failed to initialise the the Load Manager or whether it is a definite omission from the CD version.If it is an omission from the CD version, may I have PMDG's assurance that the issues caused to other PMDG products by the default MSFS fuel/payload menu will not haunt my every flight? It may be that others feel I'm being a bit 'precious' about this but I do not wish such a circumstance to taint my opinion of an organisation I'm certain, at this stage, has the best of intentions.Jon S.

Guest aarskringspier

Take a look in your Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDG folder and see if it is indeed there.

Well, I'll be buttered on both sides. There it is! Clairvoyance was never my strong suit. What threw me was the fact that the 747 Load Manager appears as as icon in the 'programs' menu. I would have found it eventually, I guess but why such inconsistency? Not unreasonable to expect it to appear in the expanded programs menu as the other one does. Anyway, problem solved and many thanks to you.Jon S.

Guest aarskringspier

It does show up in mine automatically; I just know for some reason some people have to fish it out of the folder. I think its just individual PC quirks.

Guest Clansman

>It does show up in mine automatically; I just know for some>reason some people have to fish it out of the folder. I think>its just individual PC quirks.welcome to the real windows world.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Pedro,I can't be too critical of XP or anyone else's programs for that matter. This box is extremely tweaked and I have many of the default services disabled. That's a 'heads-up' for me next time I'm complaining about things not appearing where they should.Jon S.