Sign in to follow this  
chavins

problem in 737 with level change and indicated air speed

i have acquired a new problem, seen with or without the fmc activated. shortly after manual takeoff, the indicated airspeed window starts to show a flashing letter a, and the level change switch lights up yellow. at this point, aircraft loses speed, stalls and nosedives into ground. no benefit from changing indicated air speed, advancing throttle, or any other maneuvers.can someone tell me why these changes occur, and what can i do to prevent or reverse them?steve chavin

Guest ALT2024

What's your indicated airspeed, flap setting, power setting and rate of climb? The flashing A means you're hitting the alpha floor, i.e. your aircraft is about to stall. (I'm sure the experts here will quickly correct me if I've got that wrong. :))Rob

I've noticed on many occasions that the 737NG will reduce thrust after takeoff and I've got to manually advance throttles and turn off A/T, but it only happens if I am trying to fly a second route after already flown a departure/arrival sequence. For some reason, the simulation does not like to fly sequential routes. This has been noted before in the forum but it has been several months.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Dan's right,I've posted this before - second flights are a nightmare as I ALWAYS have some sort of problem. It;s a lot less hassle (and more reliable) to quit after each flight and start again.

>Dan's right,>>I've posted this before - second flights are a nightmare as I>ALWAYS have some sort of problem. It;s a lot less hassle (and>more reliable) to quit after each flight and start again.Huh, that's strange I do second third and fourth legs all the time with no problem at all. I wonder what I'm doing different. At ATP Experience we flight nights where we simulate several hours of an airlines schedule with several turn arounds for every pilot. We normally have 20-30 minute turn arounds and I've never had a problem with the PMDG 737NG. Interesting.

Dave Paige

Depends on your perspective. I find it equally strange that you have never had it happen; althought, point taken. It doesn't happen every time but I've had it happen enough to accept it and hope NGX doesn't do it.

Dan Downs KCRP