Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phil37

problems 747-400 not shutting down

Guest Phil37

Hello,I am having problems with my plane not shutting down when I deselect ground air/power available in my pmdg menu. most of the time the aircraft will either have residual noise such as fans, warning lights or the plane will not shutdown at all. Any suggestions?Thanks,Phil

Guest Ken_Verga

Are you turning off the battery?

Guest Phil37

>Are you turning off the battery?no, I thought that the plane was supposed to be off when I loaded the program, but I will try that thanks

Guest pilotbrian0

I think maybe you are confused on some point, not surprising, it's a complex plane.If you expect the airplane to just shut down because there is no ground air/power, then you are mistaken. The ground air/power is ONLY power supplied to the aircraft by ground carts and is modeled in this simulation because in many airports around the world that have large gate systems, they provide ground air/power to minimize the number APUs on at a time in a very small area (since it's really hard on ground crews and pilots preflighting their airplanes to have those screeching APUs going)Also, the plane does not default to an off state, BUT: If you want it off by default, then do this:1) Start a scenario on the ground with the PMDG 7472) Select from the menu: PMDG -> Panel State -> Load Panel State..3) Load the one that says cold and dark in the title (It's something like PMDG KPAE 747 cold and dark or something like that)4) Save your current flight as UI Generated Temporary Flight (It'll already exist, say yes to overwriting it.)5) Now, whenever you want to fly your 747 you create a flight for it and then instead of just hitting fly now, save the flight as UI Generated Temporary Flight. Go down to the "Select a Flight" tab and select UI Generated Temporary Flight and hit Fly NowYou now have a cold and dark cockpit.(Note, for reasons unknown, the last step doesn't always work correctly with some computers, the solution, if the plane doesn't load correctly, just go to PMDG -> Panel State -> Load Panel State... and load the UI Generated Temporary Flight save state.)-Brian