Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

PMDG B1900C/D for FSX

Hi,I know you guys are terribly busy but just a moment of your time, I hope. In one of the status-updates above, you mentioned that some level of instructions about how to port-over the PMDG B1900C/D to our FSX environment would be forthecoming. Assuming it doesn't contain a new installer or anything, could you just post some quick notes here as to how it's best done (enough to get us started)? I'm getting ready to try something else besides the deault FSX aircraft this weekend and my thinking was, the B1900C/D might be a good (easy) place to start.As always, Thanks for your insight...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest mruane

I have not seen any official installation notes, but I was successful in getting both the B1900D and C into FSX. I copied the relevant Aircraft folders into ..SimObjectsAircraft and the appropriate Gauges into the ..Gauges folder and after accepting the FSX warning dialogs about the gauges both aircraft loaded and operated as expected. The B1900C gauges still retained the smooth operation from FS9 so I was happy with the result.Of course, there is no thumbnail in the aircraft selection screen and I did not notice how to select the required livery (if you have additional liveries). But otherwise, the B1900's appear to operate very well in FSX.

Thanks for the feedback Mike. I hope to give this a try later today. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I had no problems either. Didn't need side views with 'Trackir' but noticed that some switches do not work in the VC view.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I got it ported-over last night. Thanks. The only thing was, now when FSX starts, if it detects any duplicate title= parameters in the aircraft.cfg, it will quickly notify you which livery was the problem (read quickly, and don't blink) and the FSX will shutdown.I have all the official liveries from PMDG for the 1900C & D, I think there was one duplicate in the C-Cargo, and two duplicates in the D. Then I had to authorize about 20 gauges to work with FSX upon loading my first 1900. Haven't flown one yet, but I thank you guys as they seem to be installed.I hope to take a look at how thumbnails and sorting are accomplished tonight in the UI. If anyone else has official-livery pic's to use as thumbnails, don't hesitate to attach 'em here. :):-beerchug

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest mruane

Thanks Al,Interesting, I did not have any issues loading the B1900D or C, but I only have one add-on livery for the D series and it loads without and problems also. So the problem only appears to be related to duplicate liveries as you pointed out.Otherwise, all the flights I have tried with both the D and C seemed to operate as expected and without any problems.To create the thumbnail I just grabbed a standard FSX screen shot (using Shift Print-Screen) and then resized that image to 256 x 128 (or as close as you can get it) then saved it as "thumbnail.jpg" into the texture folder for the livery you are thumbnailing. When the Aircraft selector appears the thumbnail shows the screen shot you took. Very straightforward and easy to produce yourself!

Cool, I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

This is on my to-do list for this weekend guys... should have a guide for moving them over from an FS9 install + preview pics to install etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest mruane

Great Ryan, thanks, I will look forward to that document and discovering what I have missed!

Guest bradrich

Any update on this? Also, will there be process for installing to FSX for a system without FS9 installed to copy from?Thanks!

Guest bradrich

Any chance for a new ETA on this? I was hopeful the last two weekends to get this working. I know I can just copy the files over as discussed in this thread, but I was waiting to hear officially if there were any other steps that may have been missed.Thanks.

(Unofficial/unsupported response here)Take the Cessna208.gau file from your FS2004 installation and drop it in the FSX gauges folder.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg