Sign in to follow this  
Guest vapor

747-400 autobrake and reserve thrust problem

Guest vapor

Dear guys,if the 747 touches down,i can't switch the engines into the reserve thrust mode.Besides the autobrakes don't work,however they are armed.What am I doing wrong? Greetings Maxi

Sometimes I have the same prob. with the rev. but if you're using TAI then that could be the prob.

Guest Clansman

>Dear guys,>if the 747 touches down,i can't switch the engines into the>reserve thrust mode.Besides the autobrakes don't work,however>they are armed.What am I doing wrong? Greetings MaxiHi,AFAIK, with the 737-NG, the autobrakes and spoilers only deploy if, at touchdown, the engines are idle (I'll double-check this on the manuals). I'm not sure if the 747 has the same behaviour though.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest Clansman

>>Dear guys,>>if the 747 touches down,i can't switch the engines into the>>reserve thrust mode.Besides the autobrakes don't>work,however>>they are armed.What am I doing wrong? Greetings Maxi>>Hi,>>AFAIK, with the 737-NG, the autobrakes and spoilers only>deploy if, at touchdown, the engines are idle (I'll>double-check this on the manuals). I'm not sure if the 747 has>the same behaviour though.I didn't find a clear evidence of this, but both manuals refer that if the crew wishes to disable the autobrakes (while in action), they can advance the throttle levers to anything above idle or put the autobrake switch in the off position. This suggests that autobrakes come into action with engines at idle.I'll shut up now. I'm not even sure if this is relevant to you.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest Jock in a Frock

Make sure your throttle is calibrated properly. You might also want to look at whether you are suffering from noise spikes in the idle position. FSUIPC has a function to smooth that out, but can't remember if you need to register and pay for FSUIPC to use that.

Guest pilotbrian0

you do have to register for FSUPIC.One solution I've seen work is to calibrate the throttle without closing it completely, then when you actually do close it, it is going to read as the lowest point it was at when calibrated and there is little to no possibility of spikes. (I had to use this with my X45 way back before I got FSUIPC).-Brian

Guest gremel

Never could get the autobrakes to work in the NG--all versions and also in the 747..Regards & never really got a good response to this since I bought both when they originally came out. Incidently, I bought the 747 CD version so don't start with the download problems and reinstall etc. etc.....Regards,j

Guest Buck Bolduc

>you do have to register for FSUPIC.>>One solution I've seen work is to calibrate the throttle>without closing it completely, then when you actually do close>it, it is going to read as the lowest point it was at when>calibrated and there is little to no possibility of spikes. >(I had to use this with my X45 way back before I got FSUIPC).>>-BrianI had a problem like that on the 747. I moved my throttle NULL zone slider about 1/8 inch from the leftmost position (idle).When I fired up the 747 I was surprised to have reversers with my C&H yoke. I have to leave the throttle 1/4" or so open to get idle so the aircraft doesn't come up with the reversers deployed. No detente, no big deal.I use registered FSUIPC, have not looked to see if it has any bearing WRT my newfound reversers?

Guest zsoltszivak744

Make sure you DISARM the AUTO THROTTLE BEFORE YOU TOUCHDOWN and make sure your throttles are at IDLE POWER before you hit the tarmac !!! I have had the same problem before when I couldn't engage the reversers due to wrong power settings. Regards: Zsolt