Sign in to follow this  
Guest svatonlu

Commercial usage of PMDG

Guest svatonlu

Hi gents,I have read a web site of PMDG and did not find any restriction about commercial use of your products. So my questions..:May I, as an owner of private company, buy PMDG 747 and 737 for entertaining my staff without any special charge payment?I hope, that using this product by group of people at one time, is not to be considered as public presentation, is it?Thanks for reply.

Nameless (please include your real name as per our forum rules - thanks!)No commercial use of our products is allowed - that's covered specifically in our EULA. For further information and/or specific situations, please contact us privately at our support email address.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Jock in a Frock

Lefteris, I know it's your product and you therefore make the rules, but since he's only using it as entertainment for his staff, and won't be making money from it, is that really commercial use? I think not.At least he had the courtesy to ask beforehand.Please let us know the outcome of this query, just to satisfy my curiosity.Andy Scholes.

Andy-I am not a lawyer, I am simply repeating what our legal department advises us. The product is sold for a single user, in a non-commercial environment. Whether you or I think of it differently, the EULA is very specific on its allowed / intended uses.That said, if there are other needs, I already suggested that they contact our support department for further discussions.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

>Lefteris, I know it's your product and you therefore make the>rules, but since he's only using it as entertainment for his>staff, and won't be making money from it, is that really>commercial use?If a teacher in the US, shows say, Forrest Gump, to his/her class, and that movie was purchased out of the teachers own pocket, is that commercial use? Same difference here.

Guest svatonlu

Hello, thx for your replies, I would like read PMDG's EULA, is there any link where I can download it, and could you give me an email to people who are responsible to allow me usage for commercial purposes?Again I am saying there will be no profit of usage your products. Regards

Nameless-(I asked before that you please respect our forum rules and sign your name in the posts).Our EULA is included in all our products, when you purchase them. As for an email, our support dept. can be found at support (at) precisionmanuals.com.Best regards,

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

maybe his staff likes the products and go buy them themself, is that bad?is it so bad with some free exposure ?this starts to sound like mpaa and microsoft :s its not like you loose any money on it...

Guest tmetzinger

Intellectual property law is much like the old adventure game..."You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike".There is a fair amount of conflicting case law on what constitutes "fair use" of copyright, and that's just in the USA. Nevermind the vastly different implementation of copyrights and patents in the different countries around the world.What ends up happening is that generally accepted language is embedded into every license agreement, and companies have to generally enforce that language every time they are asked a vague question like the one in this forum. If they don't do that they run a risk of weakening their position should they go after a thief.However, it's been my experience that when one writes a company privately with a specific request to use their IP for a specific purpose, even if it's a commercial purpose, negotiations and permissions come pretty quickly. Sometimes all that the copyright holder requests is proper credit, sometimes they want a fee, and sometimes they say no. Regardless of the answer, one generally gets a final answer quickly.Best wishes,

Guest aarskringspier

>maybe his staff likes the products and go buy them themself,>is that bad?>is it so bad with some free exposure ?>this starts to sound like mpaa and microsoft :s >its not like you loose any money on it...Spend the time producing something like the 744 and then ask yourself if you would be quick to give any permission for its use other than intended without some information. This guys post is vague and he asked the same thing on the LDS boards; regardless it sounds fishy at best.

It's vague and he still hasn't responded with his real name in any of his posts that I see. Nevertheless, we treat every person with respect, so I gave the reply that we give everyone who asks about it. I am hoping he'll return the respect by at least signing his name and contacting us via email.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest svatonlu

ad other forums questions :Yes, I asked also the same question on LD767 forum and Flight1 ATR. Is that wrong, to have more products on the same PC? Or is it written in EULA, that I can use only PMDG products on one computer without any other addon? I really can not know that, if I don