Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toledano

MD11 again

Guest Toledano

Gents,I was thinking about the compatibility of md eleven in Flight Simulator. So, the point is: "Why not go in the forum and simply ASK a real simple question? They must answer me, obvious..."So guys... Will the MD11 be compatible with FS9? Yes or not, simple and direct... Because my FSX will be really really slow with an add-on, for sure. Actually 15 fps in mid-low...Thank you guys for the pacience... ;)

They've said all along that it will be for both...but from the sounds of it, and take this with a grain of salt (or sand), it seems like they aren't so sure now. I think they'd rather see it on FSX only. I'm pretty sure the MD-11 is still a long, long ways off. Maybe by then MS will have released a patch to improve performance and DX10 hardware will be on the shelves.

This is something I'm not happy about, and considering the pics at the Paderborn conference, PMDG knew for a long time it would an FSX only release. You might say "how would you know just because the pics show it FSX?" Well, I know PMDG's level of complexity in design and the displays (gauges) wouldn't be well implemented in FSX if that were the case. Of course an FS9 version might exist, but I really don't think so anymore given the tone of the last few updates.Personally, I don't know if I'll even buy FSX, and if I do it won't be until it can run decent with complex add ons, which is probably 18 months from now.Disappointing as the MD-11 was my most looked foward to project. :(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Toledano

Wow, I see that I'm not alone with that question...Kalimera or Kalispera, Mr. Lefteris Kalamaras. You can answer and, mainly, pay attention in our wishes... Have PMDG a final version in FS9? And please, Lefteris, will the PMDG be compatible with FS9? Yes or not? Simple... =/I'm not alone, Lefteris and Randazzo... A lot of customers share the same wish with me. Would be a dream to see the long long long waited, and the most impressive add-on from PMDG both in my FS9 and FSX.I'm just a poor soul waiting... And crossing my fingers to you all hear me...Sds from Rio de Janeiro

Poor Lefteris, he's been called 'Lefty', 'Kalimera' and 'Kalispera' in recent days. :-lol I'd be getting miffed, if you're all not carefull he'll make the MD FS11 compatible only, just to teach you wiseguys a lesson! :-)Seriously though: I hope it is FS9 compatible as it'll be some time before I have the greens to buy a new FSX rig. Having said that if it WON'T be FS9 compatible or is highly unlikely to be, I think most people here would appreciate knowing one way or the other.Put it this way: They'll ONLY tell us if they know for sure AND wish to share the info, so I say that if the answer isn't given in this thread or in a sticky as a result, we drop the subject and wait to see for ourselves. Deal? :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Toledano

Kalimera and Kalispera isn't a calling... It's like "good day, good morning" in greek! =)no please, fs11 no... uahauauhauhauhauhuahauau!!!!

Captains-I detect a tone of anxiousness and discord in your posts... Why? It's a beautiful day outside, the sun's shining, it's 20C (still) and we're a day closer to release than we were yesterday!To answer your queries in the same manner I answered the same question at Paderborn:Whether or not we release the MD-11 in FS2004 or in FSX only will be a decision to be made once we're closer to release. As PMDG never announces release dates, it's a decision that we haven't made yet. Rest assured, we'll let everyone know of the decision, once it's been made.Currently, the MD-11 runs on both platforms, but as we're still developing it (as you know, we're in alpha-testing), this might change depending on features that are added / removed.Those of you with a more technical background will no doubt have noticed the new features FSX brings to 3d modeling (bloom, specular effects, etc.) so once these are incorporated in the model, it might make sense to move to an FSX-only release. We still don't know, though, and that's all we can say about it at the moment.Personally, I think it's nice that you all express your opinions regarding this matter. This is a dynamic process, though, so opinions change with time, and the longer this process takes, the more people move over to FSX only.If the MD-11 were ready for release today, we'd certainly release it on FS2004 as well as FSX. As we move further in time, this choice has to be reexamined dynamically and it will keep being reexamined because we pay lots of attention to what you, our customers, want.With that diatribe, I hope you now have a clear idea of where we are. Clear as mud, that is ;-).Regards to all,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Toledano

Kalimera again Lefteris, there is not discord in the posts... Just a little anxious, because we really don't know HOW and WHEN the information of the compatibility will be released.What you need to understand is that not everybody can run FSX with an add-on with at least 24-25 fps! Not now! Would be a big business make fsx-only product, we pay for new hardwares, we pay for new softwares to run the hardwares... wow... a lot of money in the already rich pockets.Well, I haven't money to rent the NASA computer yet, so, I think it is fare to make the compatibility for both. Okay okay, there is a lot of new features, (most are eye-candy you must admit) but my opinion is that you could put in the virtual store the following phrase in small letters, just below the announcement: "Also available in FS9 version"You say that already has the MD11 running in both plataforms. Okay. And it depends on the features added / removed. Okay again. But the questions are: Why you simply let the FS9 version with the maximum features that you can do with? And the second simple question is: Why you don't add the bloom, specular, pressurization system and bla bla bla in the FSX version?? Well, I assume that who has the FSX, has the plataform to run smooth and dynamic.I'm getting a boring person, but... I must show to you my wishes. And not only me, but I think all the community would be glad to recieve the good news.Best regards

Thank you for your reply.I don't have much to add to this, other than that we respect everyone's opinions and wishes. This is ultimately a business decision for us, so other factors weigh in as well that we need to consider (support for both platforms, duplicate code, etc. etc.)I'd like to close this discussion here, by saying that we are well aware of the cost involved for you all in updating hardware etc. It's a major factor in our thinking process and it will weigh in appropriately when the time comes.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Toledano

Lefteris, thank you in double!!I'll respect you by stopping to post here.. I know, I was really boring. heheThank you again, Lefteris!! =)