Sign in to follow this  
Guest optima90

Fmc error msge

Guest optima90

Hi, I'm trying to input a route on the B747 FMC which is EDDF to EGLL and once i input the destination airport (eggl)i get an error message which says 'Error RWY05 unknown' and when the input is complete and i check the arrival airport runways, i see no runway on the list at all.Any help please.Kind regardsMustafa Hassan.

Current airac data (0611) lists only runways 09L/R and 27L/R for EGLL London Heathrow. The current sidstar available from navdata is by Simon Butler dated for cycle 0610, and it has same runways. I'm not familiar with the area, but your problem sounds like either a sidstar or airac data problem. Verify you have current data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest optima90

Hi My airac data all up to date with current cycle (0611), on other addons when i input the same route, i get the correct rwy's for EGLL which is 9L/R and 27L/R.I will check the sidstar.RegardsMustafa

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Far as I remember runway 23/05 was closed many years ago. Although I've seen runway 23 used, very strong southerly winds are somewhat rare which is why they'd be using that runway. I don't think 08 was ever used for takeoffs and it's probably even rarer to get Northerly winds strong enough to need 08 to land on. Most a/c these days can accomodate the crosswinds enough to stick to one of the 09/27 runways.Don't think 09 Left is ever used for take offs though.

Guest dt1951

I get the same message for KORD and KSEA...

For KORD and KSEA what SID/STAR and AIRAC revisions are you using? If they are not the same cycle and your using AIRAC 610 or higher then this could be your issue. They need to be in sync.

Guest dt1951

George, where does one get the SID/STAR downloads to be current with AIRAC 611?

Terry has 0611 procedures at planepath.com; however, they are US-only but the installer leaves all the non-US procedures alone so it is a good source. My 0611 collection of 37 US locations is in the AVSIM FS2004 Flight Plans library.

Dan Downs KCRP