Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

After Landing Horns.

This is an experience I'm having with the 737-800/900, after landing. Upon touchdown, everything deploys as it should, reverse thrust is actuated and manual braking applied at approx 60kts. I slow the a/c to 15 kts and exit the runway. I raise flaps and check that 'instant down' has deactivated, switch autobrakes to off. Then when I apply throttle to taxi, if I apply any more than around 30% initially, I get the dreaded horn sounding, I suspect, trying to tell me somethings not quite right. I have performed checklists, perused manuals and I'm at a loss. I can't find anything. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?Jon S.

Always happens. Horn is tied in with flaps such that if flaps are up and you add too much throttle you get the horn. Gotta get used to easing up on the initial thrust you use for taxi.

Dan Downs KCRP

George,Thanks for the explanation. I have used the 'search' function before and it has given me good information most of the time. I've not used the 'Advanced Search' function as I'm new to this searching caper but I'll make sure I at least make the attempt in the future.I'm flushed with success at the moment. I've had this 737-800/900 for a few weeks now but thanks to your guidance, I have just performed my very first, complete flight, without some bludger screaming at me about 'Glideslope' and horns sounding. THIS, with a Flightplan I concocted myself. I'm now going to do it again. Then, practice, practice, practice and learn much more. Who knows, soon I might attempt flying online.Jon S.

Glad I could help Jon, congratulations on the first flight. Isn't this just too fun?? :-lol

George,Yes it is. The learning curve is still steep as I progress but that's ok. I've just been watching a whole bunch of videos that people have produced using combinations of all the different add-on programs for fs9. Too many to list. I got a lot to learn yet.Jon S.

FWIW, I have flown all of the A/c I have purchased, many times over the past few weeks and I very much, like all of them. The 767 is very nice and my PMDG 737-800/900 is a wonderful experience, especially with FS2Crew (another recommended purchase). I gotta say, though; for my money, nothing compares to the 'Queen'. I don't have the knowledge or Aviation experience of most of you people and you might disagree with me, that's ok, but I am totally in love with this bird. Come next week, I will upgrade to the Cargo version and I'm looking forward to it with great expectation. PMDG, take a bow, no, take two. You've done really well. Nothing like climbing through heavy Cumulus (Active Sky v6)and then descending through same, onto a fogbound runway. The 'Big Kids' (real world 747 Skippers and FO's may take issue)but when I do it in this baby, I'm THERE. With apologies to Winston Churchill, "Never, in the field of FS experience, has so much been owed by so many, to so few".Jon S.