Sign in to follow this  
jetlover1118

Fuel Planner for the 744F

This is my second post requesting info on an fuel planner for the 747-400F. There is a very detailed one for the 744 by (Pierre CHEVALLIER) in the download section. No such luck for the 744F.It was suggested i use the aircraft's fmc,i appreciate the input but i really would like to know if anyone has located a usable planner for the 744F?Thanks

mr/ms jetlover1118,If you didn't get any replies the first time why do you think you'll be more lucky this time? AFAIK there is no fuel planner for the 744F and I'm sure that if there was you'd have gotten an answer in your first post. No offense...Secondly. Ever thought of reading through the forum rules? You need to sign your posts with your real name.Hope it helps,

Files are added to the web daily. I just thought someone may have added or found what i was looking for.Besides, if my post(s) upsets you this much, simply reserve your response for someone with better manners.Alex

Alex,>Besides, if my post(s) upsets you this much, simply reserve>your response for someone with better manners.Sorry you took offense, though none was intended from my side as I stated in my first reply. I tried to keep it to the point and nothing more.Regards,

Wouldn't the 744 and 744f be pretty much identical in fuel burn? It's the same plane with same engines, just may be loaded at different weights? A 744 fuel planner should be fine. Have you tried reading Chapter 3 - Cruise/Fuel planning of the PMDG manual?Also you could try numerous freeware spreadsheets on avsim, or the payware FOC (Flight Operations Centre) or FSBuild.

This keeps cropping up, and I sympathise.. but the tools and information to do detailed fuel planning yourself are all available in the manual or on the net.. although perhaps not the easiest of methods.I often just do it by hand.. it doesn't take too long really.. you can also sort out your step climbs.. get your engine out climb angles.. take off speeds.. your expected landing speeds etc.. and be very well prepared.I try.. like most others on here to make my flying on MSFS as real as possible.. As a result I try to keep my flight planning the same.. Fuel planning depends on a number of things, weather, distance, altitude, speed.. and what I think happens is users and virtual pilots become too reliant on TOOLS and AIDS.. I stress this but the FMC is a classic example of this reliance that we should not have.. so often I see.. "Oh the FMC says that.. it must be right" or just blindly going with the values.. and I am sure it is right.. but it is an AID.. a flying AID.. not a computer that is never wrong with no failures and should be trusted with no working out of your own.SO.. I use some fuel prediction programs, but none are really all that accurate so they are more a check.. am I in the right ball park? Do my figures look right or are they wildly off? If so I'll go back and check.. So, I use the tables in the manual, I use the information to select appropraite step climbs (and where to make them), autobrakes.. etc etc.. The information is all there, for any flight you're going to make.. To get a good fuel plan you just need..a - your flight plan (incl. alternatives)b - your weightc - the weather reportsd - your PMDG manualIt's all in there.. You can even predict your landing runways.. I make a habit of fuel planning manually.. it takes longer but then when the FMC comes up with a prediction and it's similar to mine.. I have confidence in my working out and that the FMC is operating correctly.. if it differs.. I will go back to MY working out to check it.. After a double or triple check of my working.. and redoing it.. I will use my figures over those of the FMC, (although this has not happened).I guess what I am saying is.. give manual fuel planning a go.. using the tables in your manual.. coupled with weather reports from say activesky and your flight plan and weight details.. it's quite rewarding! I do this now as a matter of course.. as all pilots do in the real world.. Notepad and pen handy and my tables.. and I'm happy.. especially when it all falls to schedule neatly..I would try manual planning.. and see how you get on.. then once you fully understand it.. make a quick excel sheet of your own to do the job for you.. if you're really lazy.. hehe..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL