Sign in to follow this  
Guest planeman223

RAM

Guest planeman223

Just curious as to how much RAM you guys are cramming into your systems these days. I have 2GB of corsair and was pretty good frames (avg.50). You think another would help even more? Still not flying alot because I'm in college. Hope you guys are having fun...Alex

Guest tmanaon

I have 1GB and my frames around major airports (like KORD, KJFK and EGLL) is really crappy (jumps anywhere from 8 to 18). I have my frames locked at 27. But i think its about time for me to up my RAM to 2GB or more.Anthony

I know that the more the better.. but how much can the RAM really improve the performance of your frame rates? I would have thought the main component to give you an increase in performance would be your GFX card..??? Even above CPU and RAM.. I would have thought the GFX card would be the major factor..I have 1GB RAM and it seems to munch everything I give it.Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

I have 2 GIGS.Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

over 2GB is overkill. the preformace jump from 1 to 2GB isnt very big, its a little improvmentin some cases, depends on the rest of the system to. the preformance jump from 2 to 4GB is like none on the games of today. So when gaming, 1-2GB should be fine. 1GB for low/mid end, 2GB for high end with high res playing

hi, "I know that the more the better.. but how much can the RAM really improve the performance of your frame rates? I would have thought the main component to give you an increase in performance would be your GFX card..??? Even above CPU and RAM.. I would have thought the GFX card would be the major factor.."TOTALLY agree, I just bought a ATI X700 PRO graphic card and I assure that my performance jumped more than 50% compare with my old nvida 6600GTben