Sign in to follow this  
Guest deanpearcy

Runway entry in pmdg747 fmc

Guest deanpearcy

Is it possible to enter a runway in the 747 fmc?I am trying to create my own flightplan, to arrive at the airport and be able to land on auto, but i can not enter the runway into the fmc.If i use a star for the airport, then there is an entry for the runway automatically entered. If I try to reproduce this waypoint in my "home made" flight plan, it says the runway waypoint is not in the database. Am I doing something wrong?Thanks,Dean PearcyBA Virtual (Pilot 0319) www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest dt1951

Hi Dean, not sure I understand your problem. Which FMC page are you trying to enter the runway? I use the DEP/ARR page to select my runways, then the LEGS page to enter flight plan data. I don't have any issues entering the runway.

Yes it is possible and there are a number of ways. Go to the DEP/ARR page and just line select the runway of choice on the right hand side. You will also see a runway extension box where you can enter a distance out from the rwy threshold to a designated point on final. If you enter 5 then you will get a waypoint created 5 miles out. You may also enter a VFR approach which you will find at the end of the data on the RH side. From memory this gives a waypoint on finals at about 8 miles and on a 3 degree slope. Having done either of the above you can then go to the legs page and make up you own approach from there.I am not sure why you are not using an approach that is already available.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Celt

What if there is no runways listed on the ARR page because of a faulty STAR file? Can you manually create the RWY waypoint in the FMC? I had a p[roblem today flkying into SGBR bcause of a duff SIDSTAR file, and ended up manually inputting the waypoints for the STAR and then flying a visual final, which worked fine, but I couldn't tune the 747's NAV radios using the FMC to get the ILS (it kept saying NAV ENTRY INVALID or something liek that when i tried inputting the freq into 1L or 1R although it did accept the alpha code, which switched the NAV radion ito M mode, but it then failed to find the freq!!!!).Ideas anyone . . .

No you cant. The best bet is to download another STAR. They can be found on various websites (search this forum for starters). You could just enter a runway waypoint ie. a G/S lat/long but you will get all sorts of other problems doing this.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest kjolsnes

Steve,Have you tried to enter the rwy extension or the vfr mode in the simulator? I am not able to get this one to work in the simulator for some strange reason. What could it be that I am doing wrong? Any ideas. All the other stuff is working great!ThanksKjetilnorway

Guest Celt

>What if there is no runways listed on the ARR page because of>a faulty STAR file? Can you manually create the RWY waypoint>in the FMC? I had a problem today flkying into SGBR bcause of>a duff SIDSTAR file, and ended up manually inputting the>waypoints for the STAR and then flying a visual final, which>worked fine, but I couldn't tune the 747's NAV radios using>the FMC to get the ILS (it kept saying NAV ENTRY INVALID or>something like that when i tried inputting the freq into 1L or>1R although it did accept the alpha code, which switched the>NAV radion ito M mode, but it then failed to find the>freq!!!!).>>Ideas anyone . . .Half my response appeared to have disappeared . . . all because of an errant square bracket in my post . . .can anyone answer the problem with the NAV radio?

Chris,ILS freq's goes into the ILS reciever, not the NAV recievers, i.e. do not enter your ILS on 1R or 1L. I think it's 4L.Hope it helps,

You can enter a VOR frequency or idenifier ie. LAX into the NAV positions on the NAV RAD page but not an ILS freq. This has to go into the ILS/MLS position at line key 4L.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall