Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Navigraph, Airac Cycle and FMC Trouble

Hello all,Having bought my Navigraph credits and used 20 to purchase the 0610 AIRAC Cycle, I am having many problems with my flightplans not being recognised in the FMC (well, they are recognised but I get error messages) and also not being offered runway or STAR options for my destination airports, nothwithstanding that the appropriate terminal procedures are installed . Been flying for two years without any problems before.So, I tried to reinstall 0608 AIRAC Cycle, to see if that would help but my FMC still maintains that I am running with 0610 AIRAC Cycle. Can you not go back once you have updated your AIRAC?The FMC problem is same with either PMDG 737 or 747.Any advice would be appreciated.CheersRenzo

Bill Miller

Well, after some research I think I have some of the answers. I needed to update my SIDS/STARS to the 0610 cycle. Alternatively, I need to roll back my AIRAC cycle to 0608. (My head hurts)So, I still need some advice as to why the PMDG FMC refers to 0610 when I have reinstalled 0608 using the installer from navdata.at?ThanksRenzo

Bill Miller

Look at the file "fmc_ident.TXT" in "Drive letter:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPNavData" directory. I believe that is fed into the FMC to determine the cycle info. It should be put there by your AIRAC install program>Well, after some research I think I have some of the answers.>I needed to update my SIDS/STARS to the 0610 cycle.>Alternatively, I need to roll back my AIRAC cycle to 0608. (My>head hurts)>>So, I still need some advice as to why the PMDG FMC refers to>0610 when I have reinstalled 0608 using the installer from>navdata.at?>>Thanks>>Renzo>>

The Navigraph data is not working properly as there are no compatible SID/STARS at the present time. Go back to 0608 for the time being.It has been found you cannot overwrite 06/10 with 06/08 (or any other previous for that matter). The only way I have found to do it is For SID/STARS delete Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/sidstars and reinstall the all in one from Navdata For procedures delete Flight Simulator 9/FMCWP/NavData and reinstall the 0608 PMDG procedures.

Thanks chaps, your advice was excellent and consequently I have managed to delete the 06/10 cycle and revert to the 06/08 cycle. All working properly now.CheersRenzo

Bill Miller

>The Navigraph data is not working properly as there are no>compatible SID/STARS at the present time. Go back to 0608 for>the time being.>I'm having absolutely no trouble with the Navigraph data 0610 or 0611 (current) with the 0611 procedures from www.planepath.com and the procedures from Dan Downs. So I find all those SIDs and STARs to work just fine.

Dave Paige

Guest Jacob Lee

>The Navigraph data is not working properly as there are no>compatible SID/STARS at the present time. Go back to 0608 for>the time being.>>It has been found you cannot overwrite 06/10 with 06/08 (or>any other previous for that matter). The only way I have found>to do it is >>For SID/STARS delete Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/sidstars>and reinstall the all in one from Navdata> >For procedures delete Flight Simulator 9/FMCWP/NavData>and reinstall the 0608 PMDG procedures. How do you reinstall the all in one from Navdata for the SID/STAR?

Dear Jacobit's so easy to use the search function!!!How do you install a single SID/STAR file or the AIO file of PMDG? FS2002/4 Installation 1. Download the SID/STAR file or the AIO file 2. unzip it into your FS200xPMDGSIDSTARS folder ATTENTION! Nobody is perfect, so please make a backup of your old file, if any exists! Regards, Peer

I use route finder for my flight planning and after they have installed Cycle 0611 they send a plane from the West Coast ( KLAX or KSFO ) to Europe ( EDDT or EDDH ) via NORTH POLE or North Russia with a distance of nearly 8000 nm ! ( NAT#S disabled !Normal routing with 0610 is northeast via YYC YFB SF Iceland etc.NAT's enabled they go far south with around 300NM greater distance ...Another test : KJFK - EDDT Nat's disabled they go via BDA South Atlantic with a distance of around 7150 nm - cycle 0611 don't know the way via Iceland !!Karl,Berlin

Guest NAVData

One question Karl - what has this statement todo with this subject?The route-finder don

Hi Richard,I did not know this ...SorryKarl, Berlin