Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW1085

Music to my ears.....

Guest BAW1085

I just downloaded the updated sound pack....It's superb ! and has added another level of realism to PMDG jets.Now if only you guys could somehow incorporate burnt AVTUR smells. I'd get the full sensory overload.David MilesAirbus

Guest teeloo

Hi, I just wonder...No Fs-addon has ever thought of adding taxi-sound. It is never quiet in the cockpit when taxiing such heavy a jet around the airport. Lot of rumbly noises and 'kadunk' from the concreet plates underneath...Just a thought.rgsdsTee Loo

Guest speight

Where can you find these sounds sir? Do you have a url?

Guest speight

Oh yes, I thought you had meant new sound for the 73. I already have those for the 74. Apology for mis-understanding sir

Guest totalbetrayal

I agree, the sounds are superb, but does anyone still get a tiny pause on touchdown whilst landing??Duncs

Guest speight

Yep,still get it(pause on touchdown)

I too get a short pause ,but only on applying rev thrust for the first time during a session,subsequent application of rev thrust is fine.I don't remember having the pause before the update.Great sounds though.regards Jim

It happened before , and happens after the update (only applying reverse), in my case.Another strange thing that happens is the annoying sound of wind or whatever it is un 2D cockpit (without VC, unchecked in PMDG options menu) , during climb, cruise, descent., but not on approach and takeoff. Is this the way it has to be , or not?I have tested with two systems (AMD and Intel E600, soundmax audio, Audigy 2 ZS, X- FI Extreme Music), and no change.Am I the only one?BTW, the sound update is simply fantastic IMO.Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Hi guys,The reverse thrust pause is probably due to the hard drive which FS9 is installed on to be fragmented, and/or near full capacity.Try removing unneccesary files from your FS9 hard drive and undertake a full defragmentation of the drive.Armen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi , Armen, it has happened always , with fresh installations, changed system, Intel , AMD...Before the sound update , sometimes it happened at the moment of touchdown, but since then , only happens when I press F2.Can you tell me something about the other question i have done one post above, please?Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Hi Miquel,That is the wind sound you are noticing, and it begins to sound from about 150 knts and gets louder from there. We have made this sound quite loud in order to reflect how loud it is in the real cockpits. You can turn down the wind setting from the FS sound menu as shown in the screenshot below, currently showing the default recommended settings.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161131.jpgArmen L CholakianSound Engineerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Totalbeginner

I love the new sound update, absolutely fantastic! The slipstream sound is spot on! In the cruise you can hardly hear the engines and then that wonderful wine slowly fades in as you decelerate on the approach, beautiful!!!I get the pause on touch down as well, but I think it's something to do with the speedbrake motor sound? If I don't arm the speedbrakes but deploy them manually then I don't get the pause, however for some reason this can inhibit the autobrakes.